Our new Study Buddies Collection is bright and fun and perfect for school photos. But our designer paper is always double-sided with an alternate print. So I was able to use this collection to make some non-school scrapbook pages.
Our new Black 12×12 Plain Pages are the perfect background for this bright collection. The black really makes the colors pop. And when our Silver Metallic Pen is used on the black pages, it resembles the look of a chalkboard!
To make my “Scrapping Buddies” layout, you’ll need:
Black 12×12 Plain Pages
Study Buddies Paper Pack
Study Buddies Slide-In Pack
Study Buddies Stickers
Study Buddies Embellishments
Black ABC/123 Stickers
Black Solid 12×12 Cardstock Paper Pack
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
The Tape Runner
Silver Metallic Pen
Black Dual-Tip Pen
1. Cut the lined paper to 10.5” x 10.5” and adhere to the center of the pages. Use silver pen to draw stitching around the lined paper.
2. Cut patterned paper to 4.25” x 12” and adhere as shown.
3. Crop your photos and mat with black cardstock. My photos on the first page measure 3”x3” and are matted on a piece of 9 3/8” x 6 ¼” black cardstock. The photos on my second page measure 3” x 3”, 6” x 3” and 4 3/8” x 3” and are matted on a piece of 9 ¼” x 9 ¼” black cardstock. The slide-in card was cut to fit. Adhere photo mats to pages as shown.
4. Add title and journal.
5. Cut three 1.5” x 1.5” squares from black cardstock and use silver pen to add stitching. Adhere to pages as shown.
6. Use foam squares to adhere the sticker and embellishments as shown.
My layouts tend to have a linear and tailored aesthetic, so the next pages are a bit of a departure for me.
But I like how the layout evokes the image of my desk during our planning stages and also the feeling of chaos of living through the renovation process.
Although the layout has a random look, it took at bit of arranging and rearranging to position the pieces to my liking. Our new Repositionable Tape Runner Refill came in very handy!
To make these pages, you’ll need:
Study Buddies Paper Pack
Study Buddies Slide-In Pack
Study Buddies Embellishments
Gold ABC/123 Stickers
Beige Solid 12×12 Cardstock Paper Pack
12-Inch Straight Trimmer
The Tape Runner
Brown Dual-Tip Pen
1. Lay the two background papers side-by-side and lay the purple paper on top of both at an angle. Adhere the purple paper to the page on the left while preserving your angle. Cut off the excess that over-hangs to the right making sure to preserve the vertical length of the purple paper. Again line up your background papers side-by-side and adhere to the right page the smaller cut piece of the purple paper at an angle that fits with the left page. Trim excess purple paper that over-hangs the bottom of the page.
2. Crop photos and mat with beige cardstock.
3. Cut apart the rulers from the “ruler-patterned” paper.
4. Arrange and adhere photos and ruler pieces. I used foam squares to adhere the two rulers than lay on top.
5. Add title.
6. Cut out the “clip board” journaling mat from a slide-in card. Journal and adhere.
7. Add embellishments as shown. I used foam squares to adhere the triangle ruler and the pencil embellishments.
Who doesn’t love denim? Your go-to when it’s time to kick back might just be your favorite pair of jeans. We love denim because it works with anything, can be dressed up or down and it’s super comfy. Our new Denim Blues collection is just like that. Nearly every kind of page layout works great with these comforting shades of blue denim! Here, I’ve paired it up with Fall In, Uncharted and Hello Baby Boy collections.
To create these borders, you’ll need:
- Cut striped paper (Denim Blues) to 2.5″ x 12″. Cut a strip of white/lt blue dot paper (Denim Blues) to 2″ x 12″ and adhere on top of border.
- Using the Circle Weave cartridge, punch 3 borders using 3 shades of denim (Denim Blues). Using Repositionable Tape Runner Refill, adhere all 3 borders side by side on top of border.
- Trim a ribbon of slate cardstock (Travel) to 1/4″ x 12″. Weave through center circles of middle weave. Trim ends at an angle.
- Trim a piece of brown leather paper (Uncharted) to 1.5″ x 3.25″. Notch corners with 2-Way Corner Rounder. Trim a piece of lt blue plaid paper (Denim Blues) to 1.25″ x 3″. Notch corners and adhere on top of brown piece. Add to border on top of ribbon. Add a title using ABC/123 stickers (Denim Blues).
- Cut a strip of large dot paper (Denim Blues) to 2.5″ x 12″. Cut a strip of wood paper (Hello Baby Boy) to 1.25″ x 12″. Adhere to top of border.
- Using Crown cartridge, punch 2 borders out of diagonal striped paper (Denim Blues). Trim 1 to 1.25″ and the other to .75″ widths. Trim top 1/4″ “bulbs” off each and then adhere to border as shown, with wood paper peekiing out behind.
- Using Buttons cartridge, punch a border out of medium blue denim paper (Denim Blues). Adhere on top of crown borders as shown.
- Add Denim Blues flowers and buttons as well as the “smiles” sticker (Hello Baby Boy).
Our Getaway Border
- Using Picket Fence cartridge, punch a border out of rust paper (Fall In). Trim to 3″ x 12″.
- Cut a strip of lt blue dot paper (Denim Blues) to 1″ x 12″. Adhere to border so just the squares of picket fence show through. Add a 1/4″ strip of dark denim (Denim Blues) behind picket fence squares.
- Tear a strip of blue plaid paper (Denim Blues) to about 1.75″ x 12. Adhere as shown to border.
- Add Denim Blues flower and button embellishments as well as “Our Getaway” sticker (Uncharted).
- Cut a strip of striped paper (Denim Blues) to 2″ x 12″. Tear a strip of navy dot paper (Denim Blues) to about 1.5″ x 12″ and adhere to border.
- Using Lace Flower Chain cartridge, punch a border with medium blue paper (Denim Blues) and adhere to middle of border.
- To create tag, cut a piece of sand Slide-In card (Cool Serenity) to 1.75″ x 3.75″. Round 2 corners and punch hole as shown. Using the Filmstrip cartridge with the tag overhanging the edge only .5″, punch the opposite end of the tag to make (trim as desired to make notched edge). Add “Sun” sticker (Cool Serenity).
- Add Denim Blues flower/sun and button to top of border. “Attach” tag.
Denim Stars Border
- Cut a strip of navy dot paper (Denim Blues) to 2.5″ x 12″. Cut a strip of beige map paper (Uncharted) to 2″ x 12″ and adhere to border.
- Cut a strip of rust paper (Fall In) to 1″ x 12″. Using Star cartridge, punch a border out of denim stars paper (Denim Blues) and adhere on top of rust strip. Add to border diagonally as shown, trimming to fit beige map paper.
- Cut a strip of rust paper (Fall In) to 1/8″ x 12″. Adhere alongside part of star border as shown.
- Add Denim Blues button embellishments as well as “Circa 2016” sticker (Uncharted).
Do you have an athlete in your house? Do you struggle with sports photography? I have hockey players, baseball players, golfers and hockey referees in my house so I have a few different sports to capture memories of in different seasons. Each sport is a little different to photograph. Let me share what I have learned through the years and seasons.
Continue reading Photo Tips – Sports Photography
Do you keep bookmarks handy when you’re reading a book? My husband reads a lot and keeps plenty of bookmarks laying around. Me? I use whatever is handy. Torn pieces of paper, store receipts, post-it-notes …. even unused Kleenex tissues – anything flat enough to mark my space in whatever book I’m reading.
School kids could probably use a book mark or two to keep track of where they are in their textbooks. Here are a few easy peasy bookmarks to create for your student. Better yet, make it a fun project for the kids to create for themselves.
Continue reading Fun Study Buddies Scrapbooking Collection Bookmarks
Have you ever sent an email to email@example.com? Or made a phone call to Customer Service? If so, you would have been blessed with a return call or message from Susan. Susan’s calm demeanor, and constant smile are always “visible” in all she does. Susan has been with Creative Memories for 16 years. 14 of those years have been in Customer Service.
Susan LOVES getting to be the contact for Advisors and Customers alike. She loves that every conversation she has is something new.
Susan works with the entire awesome staff here from collating sticker packs, building straps, processing returns and replying to emails and phone messages, there is never a dull moment!
“The team here is really special – so much fun alongside the hard work.”
Susan’s family consists of her husband Tim (of 30+ years), 3 Children and 1 Grandson!
She loves spending time together on the lakes and rivers with her family and friends.
She loves kayaking, hiking, gardening and of course scrapbooking! Her parents have a lake home so her family enjoys the lake every chance they get.
One of the things I love doing when I know what photos I am going to scrapbook is to look for a color combination that will best suit the photos.
Sometimes it means that I work within one collection, and other times it means that I pull pieces from several collections.
But, how do you know where to start?
Creative Memories has a board on our Pinterest Page: Creative Memories Pinterest Color Inspiration Board. This is a great place to start for color inspiration.
With Fall in the air, this combination jumped out at me with the non-traditional blue pumpkin.
CHALLENGE 5: Create a layout using this combination as inspiration. Once you have completed this challenge, please post an image of your layout to our Facebook Event Page so you are eligible for the door prizes!
Continue reading Virtual Crop: Challenge 5-Color Challenge
Oh my gosh–I love that I get to spend my day in my jammies! But, even more than that I love that I am getting to spend the day with all of YOU! It is YOU that inspires ME!
The wheels are always turning! Chocolate always helps too! I have my bag of M&M’s right here! What is your chocolate treat of choice?
CHALLENGE #4: Creative Journaling. Add journaling to your scrapbook layouts in a unique and creative way. It is always so important to journal. Keeping your memories alive isn’t just about the photos, but the story behind them, and unless you write them down–they get lost.
Share your layout on the Facebook Event page to be eligible for door prizes!
Continue reading Virtual Crop: Challenge 4-Creative Journaling
How are you all doing? We love seeing all the projects that you are posting on the Facebook event page! Keep them coming!
Have you ever taken the time to document YOUR life? We spend a lot of time making sure our children’s, pets, grandparents’ lives are all documented, but rarely do we ever think about documenting our own.
So, take a few minutes, and think about what you do each and every day, and how you want your family and friends to see you “at a glance”.
Challenge #3: Create a layout about a “Day in the Life”—of YOU! When you have your layout completed, make sure to take a photo and submit it on the Facebook event page to qualify for the door prizes.
Continue reading Virtual Crop: Challenge 3-A Day In My Life
Are you having FUN yet? Isn’t creating with a sketch fun?
We are LOVING all the projects that you are posting on our Facebook Event Page!
Let’s keep moving—so we can get as many projects completed today as possible!
It’s all about the completed project! Keeping those memories alive, in those beautiful scrapbooks of yours!
Continue reading Virtual Crop: Challenge 2-Creative Uses of ABC/123 Alphabet Stickers
We are SOOOO glad that you joined us for the September Virtual Crop!
We have so many ideas that we hope will inspire you today!
Welcome back to those of you who have virtually cropped with us before, and a BIG warm welcome to all you newbies!
If you are new, you might be asking yourself “What is a Virtual Crop, and WHY am I here?”
Let me help answer that!
First and foremost—no need to get out of your jammies! Just make yourself a cup of tea/coffee, grab a few photos, along with some scrappy supplies! (Oh, and you will DEFINITELY need some chocolate!)
We will be hosting several challenges right here on the blog, and posting to the events page on Facebook!
Please post your completed pages on the Facebook Events Page to qualify for the door prizes that will be given away throughout the day. If you have any questions, just ask in the comments section of each post either here on the blog or on the Facebook Page.
We are thrilled to share with you—that we are offering for the first time ever a Virtual Crop Special! If you place a $25 order today during the Virtual Crop (9am-6pm CST), you will get $10 off your purchase! So, if you have had a few things on your wish list, today is the day to fill the cart! Who doesn’t love a FREE $10? Happy Shopping! Make sure you use the code: SEPTCROP10
Continue reading Virtual Crop: Welcome/Challenge 1-Sketch