With spring just around the corner, now is the perfect time to come out of hibernation and reconnect with old friends and acquaintances by giving them a handmade card craft: The Creative Memories Daisy Punch Card.
When was the last time that you received a handmade card? A month ago? A year ago? Think back to the last time you received one… Can you remember the way it made you feel? Knowing that someone took time out of their busy schedule to craft a customized card just for you!
Nowadays, we’ve grown so accustomed to opening store-bought cards with fixed messaging intended to make us laugh, give a little encouragement or evoke some other sentiment. But the truth is, we don’t need flowery words to make someone feel special—handmade greeting cards can provide a more powerful emotional response than even the most beautifully written words.
Now—go ahead and create your own Daisy Punch Card with the instructions below! For a fresh twist on this classic design, remember that you can always change up the papers!
To make this project, you will need:
- Cloud Solid 12×12 Cardstock
- White Solid 12×12 Cardstock
- Sorbet Paper Pack
- Sorbet Stickers
- Daisy Punch
- 12-Inch Straight Trimmer
- Foam Squares
- Tape Runner
- Use the 12-Inch Straight Trimmer to cut a piece of the Cloud Cardstock to 5 ½” wide x 8 ½” long. Fold it in half to create the card base.
- Select a piece of designer print paper from the Sorbet Paper Pack and cut it to 4” wide x 5 ¼” long. Then, use the Tape Runner to apply adhesive to the back of the designer print paper and adhere it to the front of the card base.
- Cut a piece of White Cardstock to 3 ¾” wide x 5” long. Adhere this to the top of the previous designer print paper on the front of the card.
- Using the Daisy Punch, punch 2 flowers from each colored paper in the Sorbet Paper Pack. Lay the flowers out where you want them and adhere them to the front of the card using the Repositionable Adhesive.
- To give the flowers dimension, add the second flower of the same color on top of the previous flower using Foam Squares.
- Cut a piece from the Cloud Cardstock to 1 ¼” wide x 3” long. This is where we are going to place the “Hello” Sorbet Sticker. Adhere this piece to the front of the card using your Tape Runner.
- Take the “Hello” sticker from the Sorbet Stickers collection and put Foam Squares behind it. Then, add it to the top of the Cloud Cardstock to complete your handmade card.
We would love to see what you make, so share your cards and other projects with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. For more holiday and greeting card ideas, check out our birthday cards, romantic cards, digital holiday cards and wedding cards.