There’s nothing like getting out in nature–feeling warm breezes, smelling trees and campfires, experiencing your surroundings, from ordinary to majestic. Of course, having your camera along to try to capture it all is part of the adventure! When you’re back home, spreading out your pictures and remembering the day, the Adventure Collection’s earthy designs, colors and images will help you tell the story in vivid detail.
With each of the borders below I’ve created coordinating title boxes to add to your page or spread. If you prefer, the boxes make great cards! Simply attach to a folded piece of cardstock.
To make these borders you’ll need:
- Adventure Paper Pack, Variety Mat Pack and Stickers
- Beige Cardstock
- Original Border Maker System with Sprout, Zig Zag, Chevron and Film Strip Cartridges
- Outdoor Adventure Quartet Punch
- Maple Leaf Punch
- Leaf Trio Punch
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Refill
- Foam Squares
Explore Nature Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of tan plaid paper for the base. Cut a 2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of green paper and mount on top of base.
- Cut a 1-3/4″ x 11-1/4″ strip of beige cardstock. Punch a maple leaf about 1 inch in from left edge. Using foam squares mount beige strip on top of border as shown.
- Using the sprout cartridge, punch a border from both tan plaid and green papers. Trim both to 8-1/4″ strips. Mount to border as shown.
- Punch a maple leaf from a navy mat and a fern leaf from a tan plaid mat and mount to the left of the maple cut-out. Add “Explore Nature” stickers with foam squares.
- To make the title box: Cut a 4-1/4″ square from a tan plaid mat. Top with a 3-3/4″ square of green paper. Cut a 3-1/2″ square of beige cardstock, punch a maple leaf from the top center and mount to box with foam squares. Trim remaining sprout pieces to 3-1/2″ and add to box as shown.
Fishing Paradise Border
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of green striped paper for the base. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of fish paper and mount to the base so 1/2″ of striped paper shows at the bottom.
- Using the zig zag cartridge, punch a green striped border. Tuck it behind the top of the border so that just the peaks show. Punch two more zig zag borders, one from orange paper and one from green paper. Mount as shown on top of fish piece.
- Using the film strips cartridge, punch a 4″ border from a navy mat; trim out. Cut a 1-1/8″ strip of white mat paper; adhere behind film strip. Cut in half. Add fish stickers and fish punched from an orange mat to the film strip. Apply to the right side of the border. Top with “Fishing Paradise” stickers mounted with foam squares.
- To make the title box: Start with a 4″ x 6″ navy mat. Punch a zig zag border with both orange and green paper, trim to 4″ and add to the mat as shown. Top with the fishing pole sticker and fish punched from orange and green mats.
Get Outside Border
- Using the swell edge of the decorative trimmer, cut a 2″ x 12″ border from orange checkered paper. Cut a 1-5/8″ x 12″ strip of navy paper and a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of gray paper. Adhere as shown. Top with the cut logs sticker.
- Add tree stickers to the bottom, one with foam squares. Cut 2 1-7/8″ navy circles, top each with a 1-1/2″ white circle and then with antlers cut from a tan plaid mat. Mount one with foam squares as shown (reserve the other for the title box).
- To make the title box: Cut a 4-1/2″ x 5″ piece of orange checkered paper. Top with a 4-1/8″ x 4-7/8″ piece of navy paper and then a cut log/white mat, trimmed to 4″ x 4-1/2″. Add “Get Outside” sticker, a tree sticker and the remaining antlers piece with foam squares.
Someplace Beautiful Border
- Tear a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of navy paper for the base. Tear a 1″ x 12″ strip of orange paper and adhere just underneath navy “tear”. Tear a 1-3/4″ x 12″ strip of gray paper and add to the top as shown. Apply long trees sticker on top. Add “Let’s Find Someplace Beautiful to Get Lost” sticker with foam squares to the center.
- Using the chevron cartridge, punch a border with a 4″ piece of an orange mat. Trim out the border and reserve for the title box. Apply adhesive to six of the chevron cut-outs and add three to each side of the sticker as shown.
- To make the title box: Start with a 4″ x 6″ green/beige/gray mat. Top the gray strip on the mat with the reserved orange chevron border piece. Add mountains sticker with foam squares.
5 thoughts on “Go on an Adventure with Scrapbook Borders”
Really beautiful borders and boxes! Thanks for the great ideas.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Interesting. ..I have been trying to make an order, however, u at the end of the order tell me that my email address is not complete and I can order. However ur emails get to me every single day with the same email address. How can we fix this, I’ve been having to let my girlfriend make my orders.
My email address is and always has been “email@example.com”. What can u do to tell me, I have no problems with anyone else!
Where did the navy paper come from? Also the plaid that appears to have navy in it? Even your tree paper looks more navy. What is in my adventure pack is more gray trees and the back side is gray, the closest I have to any navy in the pack and no plaid has any navy in it. I’d think it’s the way the photo and light turned out but you say to use navy paper and it doesn’t look like navy cardstock.
Hi, Linda! I just make up names for the paper to describe which ones to use. The one you’re asking about looked a bit navy and a bit slate to me, but I just called it navy. Sorry…didn’t mean to confuse!