Hello scrappers! I am so excited to be here today. When I first saw the Slice of Summer Papers and stickers, I wanted them right away! I love the color pallet and fun stickers and I had just the right photos in mind for the adorable paddle board and paddle.
A few summers ago, my family and I went away on vacation. One morning, Matt and the girls wanted to give paddle boarding a try. I was thinking about it, but once we got there and I saw it first hand, I had no interest to do that to myself. LOL, I think they didn’t realize how much work it would involve.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Slice of Summer Designer Paper Pack
- Slice of Summer Mat Pack
- Slice of Summer Designer Stickers
- Scallop Burst Border Punch
- Personal Trimmer
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- Foam Squares
- Tape Runner
One of my favorite things to do besides mixing patterned papers together is cutting my own photo corners from patterned paper to use on my layout. I used my scraps to cut a 1″ square then cut the square in half diagonally, using a pair of scissors.
Once I had my papers and photos adhered to the base of the layout, I started applying the stickers everywhere. I LOVE stickers. They are my second favorite embellishment aside from die cuts. I am a true embellishment junkie.
I used the Scallop Burst Border Punch to create a fun boarder at the bottom of the photos.
I cut a piece of one of the mats to use for my journaling. Then I added a few more stickers to the left-side of the journaling mat.
- Use the chevron paper for the base of the layout.
- Using your 12-inch Straight Trimmer, cut the green scallop patterned paper down to 11″x11″. Adhere to the base of the layout.
- Print 3 4×6 photos. Use the personal trimmer to trim each photo down to 3 1/2″x3″.
- Adhere “On Lake Time” 1″ from the top/left-side of the green patterned paper. Adhere paddle mat directly below mat.
- Adhere photos to the far right-side of the layout as shown.
- Cut 1 1″ square from the leftover scraps. Then cut it in half diagonally to create 2 triangles to use as photo corners. Adhere photo corner on to the “On Lake Time” mat and the photo as shown.
- Cut purple diamond mat down to 5 1/2″x1″ and use Scallop Burst Border Punch to create a fun border. Adhere below the bottom photo as shown.
- Cut the “Summer Bucket List” mat down to 3″x4″. Use a pen to hand journal your journaling then adhere to the left-side of the photos as shown.
- Adhere stickers as shown using a few foam squares to make the stickers pop off the page.
What do you think about the Slice of Summer papers and stickers? Aren’t they beautiful? They definately inspired me to create a layout as soon as I received them in the mail!
Thanks for stopping by today,
6 thoughts on “Slice of Summer at the Lake”
Such a cute, bright layout! I love the combination of papers.
Love the bright colors for summer!
I love this blog….infact all your blogs…they include so many good ideas!!
All of the patterns work together beautifully!
This is such a fun layout! Perfect for my Summer Memories.
I just learned to use the Scallop Burst Border Punch. It is awesome. It can be useful in so many pages.