“Graphic,” “striking” and “bold” pretty much sum up the new Black & White collection. Add that to the new Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge and Starburst Punch, along with your favorite Cardstock colors and you have all you need to make some seriously snazzy scrapbook borders! In fact, we’ve come up with 5 scrapbook borders you’ll want to make. The best part – they can be used for nearly any occasion, from birthdays to graduations to weddings and on and on.
I especially love how they look on the beautiful Black and White Fast2Fab™ pages!
To make these scrapbooking borders you’ll need:
- Black & White Paper Pack
- Black & White Variety Mat Pack
- Black & White Embellishments
- Black & White Stickers
- Black and White Sans Serif ABC/123 Stickers
- Cardstock of your choice – I used Eggplant, Peacock Blue and Raspberry
- Starburst Punch
- Daisy Bouquet Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Double Chevron, Dancing Daisies, Scallop Dot and Zig Zag Cartridges
- Custom Cutting System with Circle and Rectangle Patterns
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Precision Point Adhesive
Daisy Smile Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of white Designer Paper for the base.
- Using the Double Chevron Cartridge, punch a border with black paper. Trim to 1-1/4″ x 12″. Repeat. Align the borders on the base so that the chevron points are facing the middle as shown.
- Using the Dancing Daisies Cartridge, punch a border with Raspberry Cardstock. Adhere down the middle of the border.
- Punch 12 small daisies from white paper. Mount with Foam Squares to the “o” shapes on the dancing daisy border. Top with small black flower centers made by punching a few times with the Scallop Dot Cartridge. Precision Point Adhesive is the best for adhering these tiny dots!
- To create the title box: Cut around the “Your Smile Says Everything” mat using the inside of the Square Pattern and the Green Blade. Cut a square from the black dot mat using the Red Blade. Mount the title on the mat using Foam Squares. Embellish with more daisies.
Yay! Wow Border
- Using the Double Chevron Cartridge, punch a border with black patterned paper. Trim to 2-1/2″ x 12″ for the base.
- Punch another Double Chevron border with Eggplant Cardstock. Trim to 1-1/2″ x 12″ and mount to the base, aligning the bottom edges.
- Using the Zig Zag Cartridge, punch a border with white striped paper. Adhere to the border as shown.
- Cut a circle from a mat using the inside of the Medium Pattern and the Green Blade. Add to the border along with the “Yay!”, “Wow” and stars stickers and the “Congratulations” border sticker.
Party Celebrate Border
- Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of Peacock Blue Cardstock for the base.
- Cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of black patterned paper. Using the starburst punch, punch five times at regular intervals along the strip. Mount this strip on the base.
- Punch five starburst shapes using white mats. Apply adhesive and mount inside the “holes” in the black patterned strip. Add “PARTY” letters to the shapes.
- Add the “Celebrate” title embellishment to your page layout.
Lots of Love Border
- Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of black paper for the base. Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of white dot paper and adhere to the base.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of floral paper. Cut from corner to opposite corner to create a long, skinny triangle. Add to the base as shown.
- Cut a 3/4″ x 12″ strip of Raspberry Cardstock. Add the hearts sticker on this strip. Mount to the edge of the floral triangle as shown and trim edges.
- Using the inside of the smallest pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle with Raspberry Cardstock. Top with the “Adore” sticker and apply to the bottom of the border. Add the “Lots of Love” sticker with Foam Squares above and tuck in a flower embellishment.
Happy Birthday Corner Borders
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of brush strokes paper. Cut this in half to form two triangles.
- Align the center (long side) of a triangle piece in the center of the Border Maker System. Punch along the edge using the Double Chevron Cartridge. Place a 1″ wide strip of Peacock Blue Cardstock behind the chevrons and trim the edges. Place a striped border sticker as shown and trim the edges. Repeat with the other triangle.
- Using the inside of the smallest Circle Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle with Peacock Blue paper. Add number stickers, “Yippee” and stars to one. Mat the “Happy Birthday” sticker and apply with Foam Squares to the other.
So, what do you think? Which border is your favorite (if you had to pick just one)? Comment below and tell us your thoughts – and if you have another great border idea for Black & White!