A vibrant border can tie a page together, and there are so many ways you can customize your borders to fit the look of your page! Take, for example, using 8×8 Super Duper kids scrapbook supplies to bring lively colors and fun to a 12×12 page. Yes, you read that right! Want some tips on how to effectively use the 8×8 Super Duper collection on your 12×12 pages? Read on to learn more!
I created a bunch of borders with the help of a few matching colors of cardstock. The borders I made use either the Super Duper Boy or Girl Paper Packs, but I think they’d work just as well mixed and matched! When adding these borders to my pages, I’ll simply mat a few photos with pieces of Super Duper Paper and the layouts will pop!
To create these borders, you’ll need:
- Super Duper Boy Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack and Mini Stickers
- Super Duper Girl Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack and Mini Stickers
- White, Orange, Black, Royal Blue, Eggplant and Raspberry Cardstock
- Playland Mini Trio Punch
- Embossed Trio Flower Punch
- Scallop Burst Border Punch
- 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch
- Original Border Maker System with Button Chain, Double Chevron, Picket Fence, Camera Chain, Filmstrip, Bubbles and Midnight Star Cartridges
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
- Cut two 2-1/2″ x 8″ strips of Super Duper Boy blue patterned paper for the base. Cut two 2-1/8″ x 8″ strips of Super Duper Boy green patterned paper and layer on top. Overlap and trim to create a 12″ border.
- Using the Filmstrip Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Black Cardstock. Trim to 1-3/4″ x 12″. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″ strip of White Cardstock and adhere behind the filmstrip. Adhere both to the border. Apply the striped zig-zag stickers underneath the filmstrip.
- Using the Camera Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch one border with Royal Blue Cardstock and two with Super Duper Boy orange patterned paper (overlapped and trimmed to a 12″ length). Adhere to the middle of the filmstrip, slightly offsetting and overlapping the orange over the Royal Blue Cardstock as shown.
- Add the “Epic,” burst, star and “Oh Man!” stickers with Foam Squares as shown.
Be Bold Border
- Cut two 2″ x 8″ strips of Super Duper Boy yellow patterned paper. Overlap to create a 12″ border.
- Using the Picket Fence Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with White Cardstock and two with Orange Cardstock (make sure to save the scraps). Adhere behind the yellow border on both sides, overlapping the orange over the white as shown.
- Cut a 2″ x 8″ strip of Super Duper Boy black patterned paper. Using the Double Chevron Border Maker Cartridge, punch both ends of the strip. Center and adhere on top of the yellow strip.
- Using the orange scraps you’ve saved, apply some pieces to the border as shown.
- Finish the border with punched dinosaurs made with the Playland Trio Punch, “Be Bold” stickers and a large dinosaur sticker with Foam Squares.
Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Corner Borders
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ square with both Super Duper Boy blue and green patterned papers. Cut each into triangles and use one of each color.
- Using the Midnight Star Border Maker Cartridge, punch the long sides of each triangle (center the triangle on your Border Maker System first). On both triangles, adhere a 1/4″ strip of Super Duper Boy orange patterned paper behind the “x”s and a 5/8” strip of Super Duper Boy yellow patterned paper behind the stars. Trim off any excess.
- Using the Picket Fence Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with Black Cardstock. Trim these borders to 1″ wide and tuck behind the corner border so just the points stick out. Trim off any excess.
- Add the rocket, “Explore” and “Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop” stickers with Foam Squares. Punch bursts with the Playland Trio Punch and scraps of yellow, orange and white and add as shown.
It’s a Girl Thing Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of Raspberry Cardstock for the base.
- Cut two 3/4″ x 8″ strips each of Super Duper Girl light pink and mint green patterned papers. Overlap and trim each piece and adhere them onto the base with light pink 1/8″ from the top and mint green 1/8″ from the bottom.
- Cut two 1-1/2″ x 8″ strips of Super Duper Girl purple patterned paper. Overlap and trim to a 12″ length. Using the Button Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with Black Cardstock. Tuck each behind the purple strip so that just the swells show. Apply to the border as shown.
- Using the Camera Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with both Black and White Cardstock. Adhere to the purple strip, overlapping and offsetting the white over the black as shown.
- Punch five medium-sized flowers using the Embossed Trio Flower Punch and Raspberry Cardstock. Mount over the stars using Foam Squares.
- Add “It’s a Girl Thing” and camera stickers with Foam Squares.
Positive Vibes Only Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of White Cardstock for the base. Cut six 3″ x 2″ pieces of Super Duper Girl patterned papers. Adhere to the base.
- Using the wavy edge of the Decorative Trimmer, cut each side of the border, leaving you with a 2-1/2″ wide border.
- Using the Bubbles Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with Raspberry Cardstock. Cut two 1/4″ x 12″ strips of Black Cardstock and adhere behind the bubbles border so a 1/8″ shows on either side. Adhere to the border.
- Add “Positive Vibes Only,” butterfly and ladybug stickers with Foam Squares.
Mini Border Boxes
Magical: Cut a 4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of pink patterned paper. Then, cut a piece of green patterned paper to measure 3-3/4″ x 4″. Using the 4-Way Hearts and Stars Corner and Hole Punch, punch the tops of this green piece and adhere to the pink patterned paper. Punch a piece of White Cardstock using the Scallop Burst Border Punch, trim to 3-3/4″ and adhere. Finish by adding a scalloped border sticker, a unicorn, “Magical” and heart stickers as shown.
Girl Power: Cut a 4″ x 3″ piece of lined paper. Adhere a triangular scrap of green paper. Then, adhere pink and yellow circles cut using the inside of the medium-sized circle pattern and Blue and Red Blades. Add “Girl Power,” stars and torn paper border stickers as shown.
Memories: Cut a 3-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of light pink dot patterned paper. Add strips of Black Cardstock and green patterned paper to the bottom. Once adhered, snip these edges at an angle. Punch five unicorns using the Playland Trio Punch with Eggplant and Raspberry Cardstock. Finish by adding a doodle sticker on top, the “Memories” sticker mounted on a scrap of green patterned paper and the zig-zag border sticker.
Not only can these colors and kids craft supplies brighten up your page, but just looking at them can brighten your mood. The point of scrapbooking is to preserve happy memories, and adding color can emphasize the joy that’s being shown in the photos you’ve chosen.
How do you like to use color in your projects? Have any other good scrapbook ideas for kids? Comment your tips and tricks for color usage below and help spread some inspiration.
Have a super duper day!
7 thoughts on “Create Vibrant 12×12 Kids Scrapbook Borders With Super Duper”
LOVE! LOVE! these borders!
Love the layered borders. The corner boarders were a great idea too!
These are adorable!!!
These are totally awesome…..thank you!
Super cute, love them! Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful borders! Love!