The Gather Together and Pumpkin Spice collections bring everything we love about autumn to the pages of a scrapbook, and they’re the ultimate canvas for your awesome fall memories. Not only can you create beautiful pages, but you can also create borders that add a little bit of (pumpkin) spice to said pages. Need some fall scrapbook border ideas? Read on to check out four unique borders!
There’s something so warm and inviting about the Gather Together collection; it makes me look forward to the fall and the coziness the cooler temps bring. I love the vibrant floral and leaf designs and the fresh fall color palette. These borders will work well on layouts that celebrate blessings and family and late summer/fall fun of all kinds.
I photographed the borders on beautiful pages from the Gather Together Fast2Fab™ Album. The album is stunning!
To create these borders you’ll need:
- Gather Together Paper Pack
- Gather Together Stickers
- Gather Together Foiled and Layered Embellishments
- Black and Navy Cardstock
- Black Serif ABC/123 Stickers
- Original Border Maker System with the Garland, Pumpkins, Sunshine and Lace Flower Chain Border Maker Cartridges
- On the Vine, Flower Child and Scallop Burst Border Punches
- 12-inch Straight Trimmer
- All-Purpose Scissors
- Tape Runner with Repositionable Tape Runner Refill
- Foam Squares
Blessings Gather Together Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip of light blue dot patterned paper for the base.
- Using the Scallop Burst Border Punch, punch a border with orange patterned paper and trim to measure 12″ x 2-1/2″. Adhere to the center of the base.
- Using the Garland Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with navy leaf patterned paper and trim to 12″ x 2″. Mount to the orange strip, aligned at the top.
- Using the Pumpkins Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with gold floral patterned paper. Adhere to the border just above the scallops. Apply the “Thankful for this beautiful life” border sticker over the pumpkins and scallops as shown.
- Add the floral layered embellishment, a couple of leaf stickers and the “blessings” leaf sticker with Foam Squares.
Bouquet Gather Together Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip of floral patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 12″ x 2-1/4″ strip of gold floral patterned paper and adhere to the center of the base.
- Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip of white chevron patterned paper and adhere on top of the gold piece.
- Using the Sunshine Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with green patterned paper. Cut in half lengthwise and adhere each half to the edges of the white chevron strip as shown, leaving a gap in the middle.
- Using the Lace Flower Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with orange patterned paper. Mount down the middle of the border in the “gap,” aligning the flowers with the notches in the suns.
- Add the bouquet sticker with Foam Squares to the center of the border and black sticker dots from the ABC/123 Stickers for the flower centers.
Pumpkin Gather Together Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 12″ x 3″ strip of black dot patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 12″ x 2″ strip of white floral patterned paper and adhere to the base 1/4″ from the top.
- Cut a 12″ x 1″ strip of green patterned paper and adhere along the lower edge of the white strip.
- Using the On the Vine Border Punch, punch a border with Black Cardstock. Adhere to the middle of the green strip.
- Using the Pumpkins Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border with orange patterned paper. Mount over the vine border along the bottom edge of the green strip.
- Adhere a wavy vine border sticker with Foam Squares along the bottom, just overlapping the pumpkins. Add the pumpkins sticker with Foam Squares.
Pick Me Gather Together Scrapbook Border
- Cut a 3″ x 12″ strip of plaid patterned paper for the base.
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of white floral patterned paper and adhere to the center of the base.
- Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of gold floral patterned paper and adhere along the center of the border.
- Using the Flower Child Border Punch, punch a border with Navy Cardstock. Trim off the half flower on the end and mount on the gold floral strip.
- Adhere green leaf border stickers along each side off the gold floral strip as shown. Add daisy and “pick me” stickers with Foam Squares. Center the flowers with gemstone stickers.
Note: If you prefer not to use gemstone stickers, simply punch small circles with a hole punch and colorful cardstock scraps to use as flower centers.
A great border can really tie the theme of your page together in a way that not many other things can. Any of these fall scrapbook borders can take your layouts and projects to the next level. Which border is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below!