It’s that time again! The last day of the month and time to reflect on your happy moments. Put on your comfy pants, pour yourself a cup of coffee and grab your Happy Album – let’s create a February reflection page! Follow along as I walk through how to reflect on all your best moments and personal growth in February using the Happy Album and my new journal prompts. Keep reading to find a February Journal Prompt Challenge, my reflection page layout (spoiler: there is a never before seen Happy Album sketch included!) and a giveaway to win a Happy Album kit of your choice and White Refill Pages. Let’s have fun and get creative!
Is it just me or did January last forever and February was five minutes long? I can’t believe we’re headed into March! I had so much fun creating my February reflection page in my Happy Album. This is the time to appreciate all the HAPPY in your life, the memories you created and check in on the progress of your goals. Reflecting at the end of every month helps me to not only motivate myself for the next month, but give myself a pat on the back for all that I achieved (we don’t do this enough!). I used Kit #14 (NEW!) and the stickers from Kit #12 to create my February reflection page – it’s so easy and takes minimal time (perfect for the busy folks!). Pour a cup of coffee, put on your comfy pants and grab your Happy Album – let’s create!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea of what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, journalling in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals, and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- Your favorite memory
- What you are most proud of
- What made you most happy
- Favorite place you visited
- Progress of your 2019 goals
- What challenged you this month
- Who made an impact on you
- Something you want to try for the first time next month
- What you want to improve on next month
- What you’re looking forward to next month
1. Before the pen
I started by using Kit #14 (NEW!) and cutting the blue card stock paper diagonally in half with the Trimmer. I then adhered the pages into my Happy Album using a Tape Runner. This layout is so easy to create, uses minimal paper and leaves you with so much room for photos and journalling! I love how organized my page looks. Using stickers from Kit #12, I spelled out ‘February’. You can get creative and title your page anything you want + use whichever designer papers you like best. This can be done using any of our kits!
2. The process
Next, I took this stunning floral designer paper from Kit #14 and decided to get creative my cutting a few of the flowers out! This allows you to use other patterns from the paper included in the kit without taking up too much journal or photo space. I love how the flowers pop and add a lovely touch to any layout! You can get creative too, by cutting out your favorite patterns as an accent for your Happy Album pages.
3. Add your personal touch
This is the fun part! I printed out the photos I took throughout the month of February using my Canon Ivy mini printer and adhered them to the pages. I then decorated my reflection page how I wanted with stickers from Kit #12 and the gorgeous embellishments from Kit #14. Using the white spaces, I then answered my February journal prompts and wrote about the happy memories I made throughout the month! I love taking time to reflect on my month and cannot wait to look back at all the memories I made this year.
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #HAJanuaryReflection
- OR you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by 3/31 to be entered.
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- I used Kit #12 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- I also used Kit #14 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my February reflection page using my new journal prompts and Kits #12 + #14. I hope this inspires you to create your own February page filled with your accomplishments, favorite memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own February reflection page, make sure to share with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #ShareYourHappy
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure, traveling or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!