It’s time to journal about June in your Happy Album! Summer is in full swing in North America and we are officially half way through 2019. If you have been following along and creating a reflection layout in your photo journal each month, that means your Happy Album is half way finished and filled with so many memories you can look back on!
Today, I will teach you how to create a layout that is very different from anything I’ve done in the past – but it’s good to change things up, right? Keep reading for new journal prompts, a fun layout that’ll inspire you to try something new (sketch included!) and another giveaway to win White Refill Pages and Kit #19. Happy reading!
I’ve heard many times that people stay away from writing in their albums because they don’t like their handwriting… wellll, I have a solution! Although I personally like to handwrite my journal entries, I decided to type and print all of my thoughts for June. With that being said, whether you handwrite or type, let’s take a moment to reflect on all happy memories from the past month, check in on our goals, and prepare ourselves for July. Sit back, relax and grab your Happy Album – it’s time to get crafty!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea for what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, writing in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- What was a proud moment this month?
- What is a quote you like?
- What was your happiest memory this month?
- What do you wish you would have done more of this month?
- What is one goal you’re working on?
- What is your song for the summer?
- What are you most excited about next month?
- What do you want to improve on next month?
- Type Your Thoughts
First, type all of your happy memories made in June, answer the journal prompts and reflect on the month! (Choose a font you love!) Print out your journal entries, cut them to size and adhere them to your blank pages. I decided to type my journal entries for this month’s layout to not only show a different option to you, but also fit more of my thoughts on the page! I like the clean look it gives my page and how much “writing” I was able to fit onto my layout. Feel free to replace the typed pages with your own handwriting if you prefer it!
2. Tear Your Paper
For this layout, all I did was tear three of the designer papers from Kit #18 I like best, keeping the 10″ length. I kept tearing and layering the paper until I had the desired look for my layout. Once you’re happy with the layers of torn paper, adhere them to your pages. If tearing paper isn’t for you, you can use a trimmer to cut and layer instead.
3. Add Your Happy Memories
Next, I placed my printed photos into the Mini Peekaboo Pockets™ and adhered them to the outer edges of my layout. I love that I’m able to showcase numerous 4″ x 4″ photos in a space that would otherwise not fit them! (P.S. Mini peekaboo pockets are still available in Kit #13.) To finish my June highlight layout, I decorated my pages with the cute embellishments that come in Kit #18!
4. The Final Look
Check out the final look! It was so fun trying a different scrapbook style in my Happy Album. I hope this layout inspires you to create your own June reflection page!
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #JuneHappyAlbum
- OR you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by July 31 to be entered.
Congratulations to Margaret Howell for winning the May Reflection Challenge!
To be entered to win June’s challenge and have your layout showcased in next month’s reflection blog post, be sure to post your photo on Instagram using #JuneHappyAlbum or find the blog post on the Creative Memories Facebook page!
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Kit #18 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my June reflection page using my new journal prompts and Kit #18. I hope this inspires you to create your own June layout filled with your accomplishments, memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own June reflection page, make sure to share it with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #JuneHappyAlbum
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories products. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!