The new Rainbow Rush Collection has so many stunning papers and embellishments that you might have a hard time narrowing down which ones to use for your layout. Instead of going back and forth, trying this and that, why not use them all? Blog contributor Noreen Smith used the same all-or-nothing method and photos to create three very different — yet equally bea-hue-tiful — rainbow scrapbook layouts! Check them out!
To complete each layout you will need:
- Rainbow Rush Paper Pack – your choice of Soft, Cheerful or Bold (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Leaf & Icon Stickers (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Flower Embellishments (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Layered Border Embellishments (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: For each layout, choose one of the ombre patterned papers as your background and one of the coordinating papers with a bolder pattern.
Step 2: Cut the patterned paper into one 7″ x 12″ rectangle, two 1/2″ x 12″ strips and two 4″ x 6″ photo mats. Turn the two 1/2″ x 12″ strips and the two 4″ x 6″ mats over to reveal the opposite pattern.
Step 3: Adhere the 7″ x 12″ strip to the middle of the ombre background paper. Place one 1/2″ x 12″ strip on either side of the middle piece and adhere them to the ombre background paper.
Step: 4: Choose a coordinating Layered Border Embellishment and adhere it horizontally across the middle of the page. Adhere the two 4″ x 6″ photo mats above and below the border as shown.
Step 5: Trim your photos to 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ and mount them on top of the photo mats. Add coordinating word stickers, leaves, flowers and gems. Journal as desired.
And just like that, you have three different versions of one layout — and proof that it can be easy to add variety to your albums without a ton of effort. Which of these rainbow scrapbook layouts will you try first? Can you think of yet another version to try? Let us know in the comments below!