Do you ever feel like switching up your scrapping style? Is it time for you to step outside your cropping comfort zone and work on a project you normally wouldn’t? If so, this vibrant scrapbook layout might be exactly what you’re looking for! Check out the step-by-step instructions for how to put this layout together and make some space for it to shine in your album!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Rainbow Rush Cheerful Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Soft Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Leaf & Icon Stickers (or Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rainbow Rush Word & Tag Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a sheet of White Cardstock as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of burst patterned paper and adhere it to the top of the layout.
Step 3: Cut 1″ x 2-1/2″ strips of several sheets of designer paper and adhere them side-by-side along the lower edge of the layout, as shown.
Step 4: Using the Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridge, punch along one edge of a sheet of orange dot patterned paper. Trim it to measure 8-3/4″ x 12″ and punch the other long side. Using the designer papers from Step three, cut small scraps and adhere them behind the diamond shapes in the Dips & Diamonds borders. Cut two 3/4″ x 12” strips of White Cardstock and adhere them behind the Dips & Diamonds borders.
Step 5: Punch two borders using the Dips & Diamonds Border Maker Cartridge with royal blue patterned paper. Trim each border to measure 1/2″ tall. Adhere them behind the orange punched edges so that just the blue waves show. Mount the orange piece on the page, about 1-1/4″ from the top edge.
Step 6: Crop two photos to measure 5″ x 3-1/2″ and mount them along the lower edge of the orange piece. Crop three photos to measure 3″ x 3″. Create three 3-3/8″ x 3-3/8″ square mats for the photos with green, yellow and blue patterned papers. Mount them to the layout above the other photos, as shown.
Step 7: Journal on a white bar sticker. Add stickers to the layout, as shown, popping some up with Foam Squares.
This rainbow scrapbook layout is sure to stand out in any album you put it in! We hope it inspires you to add more unexpected details to your projects. Is this layout something out of your creative wheelhouse? What types of photos will you fill it with? Let us know in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “Do Something Different with this Vibrant Scrapbook Layout”
This page is wonderful. When I make it I will not add the vertical paper at the bottom and use that area to tell the story. For instance, the date, the ages of the girls, their names. The why, what, how and when that tells a story, jogs the memory when years have gone by.
Thank you for the wonderful ideas for pages. My family has committed how my pages have improved.
Glad you like this page! That is a great idea on how to adapt the page to make it work for you!