Grab your Happy Album and scrapbook page kits – it’s time to create your August reflection page! If you’ve been keeping up each month and documenting your happy life, WAY TO GO! I’m loving how easy it is to set aside a little time each month to print my photos and journal about all the awesome memories I’ve made this year. I’m so excited about this month’s layout! HINT: You will learn a new way to create a secret fold-out page in your Happy Album! Keep reading for new journal prompts, a fun layout using Kit #20 (sketch included!) and another giveaway!
This month’s Happy Album reflection layout includes a new way to create secret fold-out pages! You will love how easy it is to create – it’s also darling! Like last month’s reflection layout, you will need washi tape to create the fold-out pages. Print all of your photos from August and have fun looking back on your moments!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea for what to write about. It doesn’t matter if you’re a talented writer or a beginner, jotting things down in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- What is your best memory from this month?
- What is the funniest moment you’ve had so far this year?
- What is a place you loved visiting this month?
- What is the song you like best at the moment?
- What is the best meal you ate this month?
- What is your goal for September?
- What are you most excited about next month?
- What do you want to improve upon next month?
- Pick your paper – Choose four different patterned designer papers you like the most. Adhere your first two papers to the Happy Album pages. Fold over the lower left and top right corners of the third and fourth papers to reveal the pattern on the back and create a square. Adhere the two corners into place.
- Secret fold-out pages – Cut the Blue Cardstock in half vertically. To create the secret half pages that fold out from the inside each page, adhere one half of the cardstock to each of the third and fourth designers papers with a strip of washi tape from Kit#20. Adhere the designer papers (with the fold-out pages attached) to your Happy Album using the Tape Runner.
- Add your happy memories – I adhered larger photos to the folded corners on each page and placed smaller photos throughout the layout. I answered the journal prompts and wrote about all the happy moments from August on the open space and secret fold-out pages. I decorated the layout with the adorable laser die-cut embellishments included in Kit #20. The pocket holding my concert ticket is the best part!
See how fun the secret fold-out pages are?
Are you going to try the new secret fold-out pages in your Happy Album layout this month? Let me know in the comments! If you’ve already tried this, let me know what you did differently (I love your ideas, too!).
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #AugustHappyAlbum.
- Or you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by Sept. 30 to be entered.
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Kit #20 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating my August reflection page using my new journal prompts and Kit #20. I hope this inspires you to create your own August layout filled with your accomplishments, memories and all things HAPPY! I’ll be posting a blog on the last day of every month with a new reflection page sketch – I’d love for you to follow me on this journey of gratitude and happiness! I can’t wait to fill up my Happy Album by the end of the year. If you decide to create your own August reflection page, make sure to share it with me on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #AugustHappyAlbum.
Meet Sadie – Happy Album Marketing Manager
Sadie grew up crafting and scrapbooking using Creative Memories products. She has a passion for creating and telling her story through photos! On weekends, you’ll catch her on an outdoor adventure or spending time with family in her small Minnesota town. Join her on the @BeHappyAlbum Instagram page and Happy Album Blog where she shares all things happy!
2 thoughts on “Create your August reflection page with the newest scrapbook kit!”
Love this page. I have read the instructions many times. Can you make a video as I don’t understand how to get the secret fold out page. Love my Happy Album. Tks
We can we find other pages you created for our journal(s).