Decorating and the Christmas season go hand-in-hand. And when it comes to decking the halls, frosting the cookies or putting the bow on top of a present, we think the more the merrier! So it only makes sense to decorate your Christmas scrapbook layouts with the same level of joy and jubilee! Check out how you can use Merry Little Christmas embellishments to create holiday scrapbook layouts that look as festive as the season feels!
To create this layout, you will need:
- Merry Little Christmas Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Festive Plaid Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Merry Little Christmas Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dark Green Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Get a closer look at Merry Little Christmas Laser Cut Embellishments in the video below!
Step 1: Use Dark Green Cardstock as the base for the layout.
Step 2: Cut several pieces of paper from the Merry Little Christmas Paper Pack and the Festive Plaid Paper Pack with the following measurements:
- Row 1:
- 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″
- 4-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
- 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″
- 7-1/2″ x 1-3/8″
- Row 2:
- 5-1/8″ x 3″
- 3/4″ x 3″
- 3-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- 1-3/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Row 3:
- 1-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- 5-1/2″ x 2″
- 4″ x 5″
- 4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- 3-1/2″ x 4″
- 4-1/4″ x 3″
Step 3: Adhere all of the paper pieces to the layout, using a mix of Festive Plaid and Merry Little Christmas papers.
Step 4: Using Repositionable adhesive, adhere laser-cut embellishments to the pieces, as shown.
Step 5: Adhere stickers and embellishments, adding Foam Squares to some for fun dimension.
Step 6: Use the bold tip of the Black Dual-Tip Pen to freehand a border along the edge of the paper around each laser-cut embellishment.
Step 7: Journal as desired.
Decorating this holiday scrapbook layout with embellishments is like adding the sprinkles to your Christmas cookies and the ornaments to your Christmas tree — it’s fun for everyone! How will you add your own tinsel-y touch to this Christmas scrapbook layout? Let us know in the comments below!
6 thoughts on “Get Holly and Jolly with this Christmas Scrapbook Layout”
Love it Melissa!
Love this layout!
Very charming layout, Melissa! I feel like the photos are the stars here yet at the same time, the paper and laser embellishments enhance the theme of family holiday activities. Very useful and doable layout that isn’t overly fussy or overwhelming to newbies or old timers alike.
Totally agree. I love the photos not to be overshadowed with busy side stuff.