Are you looking for simple ways to lighten up the layouts you create with all the theme packs? You’re in luck — blog contributor Krislyn recently played around with the theme packs and put together two different types of borders. And the best part? They can be modified and changed to suit any of the theme packs! Check them out!
I like using titles to set the tone or theme for a page. Combining a title with a border makes it fun, interactive and decorative. After that, it’s all about adding the photos and filling in journal spaces… quick and easy!
I’ve created two border recipes you can use again and again and included basic instructions for each one, along with variations using several of the fun new theme packs. The possibilities are endless!
To create these borders, you will need:
- Cattitude, Puppy Love, What a Zoo, Grand Slam and Gridiron Theme Packs or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Sans Serif and Serif ABC/123 Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Sans Serif ABC/123 Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Serif and Script ABC/123 Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Picket Fence Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight, Wave, Deckle and Scallop Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Angled Strip Title Border
Step 1: Cut a 2-3/4″ x 12″ strip of cardstock for the base using a 12-inch Trimmer decorative blade, if desired.
Step 2: Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of patterned paper. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 10″ strip of patterned paper. Place a border sticker or strip on the top. Adhere this piece at an angle on the 2-1/4″ strip, as shown. Trim off the excess. Add another border strip under or over this piece, as desired (trim off the excess). Mount this strip on the base.
Step 3: Add a title using White Serif and Script ABC/123 Stickers.
Step 4: Apply stickers to the upper left and lower right edges of the border, popping them up with Foam Squares.
Interrupted Title Border
Step 1: Cut a 2-3/4″ x 11″ strip of patterned paper for the base.
Step 2: Cut a 2-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ strip of patterned paper and adhere it to the base.
Step 3: Tear the border about one-third of the way from the top. (Tip: A tearing tool can make this easier.) Adhere the border sections to your page, aligned at the top and bottom, leaving a gap where they were torn apart.
Step 4: Using Black Sans Serif ABC/123 Stickers, place a title in the gap, directly on your page.
Step 5: Add stickers as desired, popping some up with Foam Squares.
There are so many different themed scrapbook borders you can make with the new theme packs! Which one of these borders do you like the most? Let us know in the comments below!