Are you looking for a fun way to flip through your photos in an album that’s only a little bigger than the size of your hand? If so, look no further than the small, but creatively mighty, folio albums. Check out blog contributor Tina’s DIY waterfall folio album project below and start dreaming up ideas you can create for yourself!
I love this collection — the shades and aesthetics are off-the-charts fabulous! I was inspired to create a DIY folio album to document a day trip to the amusement park. It would make a great gift to give to those who participated in the adventure with you, and it’s a quick and easy project to record all the fun you had!
For this project, you will need:
- Magic Awaits Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Magic Awaits Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Magic Awaits Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Magic Awaits Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight and Scoring Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut one sheet of patterned paper to measure 10″ x 12″. Save the 2″ x 12″ piece.
Step 2: Score on the 12″ long side, 3-5/8″ from both ends.
Step 3: Cut 12 sheets from various patterned papers that measure 4-1/2″ x and 5″.
Step 4: On the 5″ side, score 1/2″ on all sheets. Fold and crisp the edges.
Step 5: Round the corners with the 2-Way Corner Rounder on the bottom of the sheets.
Step 6: Using the first sheet, add adhesive to the flap and make this sheet flush with the top of the folio. Add the second sheet right under the first and continue until you have all 12 sheets added to the folio. The last sheet should be flush with the bottom of the folio. Repositionable Tape Runner adhesive might be the easiest to use if you need to adjust the pages to fit properly.
Step 7: Add stickers and mats to decorate the inside of the folio.
Step 8: Using the 2″ x 12″ piece from Step 1, wrap it around the folio — not too tightly. Add Repositionable Tape Runner adhesive and close the band to secure.
Step 10: Add stickers to decorate the band.
Step 11: Add 4″ x 4″ photos, stickers and journal to complete the folio album.
What types of DIY folio albums will you try creating? And which CM collections will you apply this project style to? We want to know, so tell us in the comments below!