What is your sweet of choice? Lots of people love a bit of sugar in their life, including blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu. She’s an ice cream aficionado, so it was only right she created a fun ice cream scrapbook layout to showcase her sweet tooth passion. Check it out!
Something my family loves to do during the summer is make ice cream. Mix heavy cream and sugar into a bowl and nest into a larger bowl filled with ice and salt. Our kids jump up and down in joy when liquid starts to become silky ice cream — they always make sure to taste test it! Have you ever made ice cream at home?
To create this layout you will need:
- Vitamin Sea Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Vitamin Sea Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Vitamin Sea Embossed Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Vitamin Sea Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Vitamin Sea Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Goldenrod, Leaf Green, Orange, Scarlet & White Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Seashells Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Clouds Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of green patterned paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut Leaf Green Cardstock to measure 10″ x 12″ and mount it to the middle of the base. Cut two pieces of 1/2″ x 12″ from the lime green patterned paper and adhere them to the upper and lower sides of the cardstock.
Step 3: Make the following shapes for the sundae:
- Bowl – Cut the navy patterned paper to measure 3″ x 2-1/2″ and 3″ x 2-5/8″. Fold the shorter side in half. Align the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern as shown and cut the outside with the Red Blade. Adhere a smaller piece on to the larger one.
- Stem – Cut a piece of navy patterned paper to measure 1/8″ x 2-1/2″.
- Base – Cut an oval using the inside of the second smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern with the Green Blade from the navy patterned paper.
- Ice cream – Using the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border from the pale pink patterned paper. Using the inside of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle, making sure you leave the clouds side uncut. Cut along the curve of the clouds with the All-Purpose Scissors so that it looks like a scoop of ice cream.
- Topping – Using the Seashells Border Punch, punch a few pieces of seashells from Scarlet, Orange, Yellow and White Cardstock. Cut out sand dollar shapes with the All-Purpose Scissors. Layer two different hues to add dimension.
Step 4: Assemble a sundae, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 5: Adhere the assembled sundae, Laser Cut Embellishments and stickers — use Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Does this ice cream scrapbook layout have you craving some sweets? What other sweet scrapbooking ideas do you have? Let us know in the comments below!
6 thoughts on “Satisfy Your Creative Sweet Tooth With This Ice Cream Scrapbook Layout”
This could easily be modified to a cold fruity drink. I have a lot of vacation pictures for that😀 Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas you share.
My hubby and I are such ice cream fans!! Thank you for the wonderful idea about an ice cream layout!
Simple but beautiful!!
Darn! Now I’m going to have to go have ice cream sundaes and take pictures, just so I can use this layout!