Saturday, Aug. 15: 1pm CT
Oh my goodness — it’s already time for the final Virtual Crop challenge of August. We’ve had a blast watching you all create and we can’t wait to see more submissions roll in as the weekend goes on! (Remember, you have until Sunday at 11:59pm CT to submit.) Ready, set, go — Challenge #6 is here!
For a refresher on VC instructions, get the 411 on Virtual Crops here.
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group! You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event. Therefore, you only need to join once, so if you’ve already joined in June or July, you’re all set for this one!
- During the crop, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group and click on the “Discussion” tab to view the pinned post for the most current challenge. The challenge number will be posted on the sketch.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — to our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Photos” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there. To see past challenges you may have missed, click on “Announcements” in the Facebook Group.
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post your photo on the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group AND add the correct hashtag with your post: #CMVirtualCrop1August2020, #CMVirtualCrop2August2020, #CMVirtualCrop3August2020, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge you are submitting to qualify to win the prize for that challenge. Feel free to use other hashtags as well such as #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #CMVirtualCrop1August2020, #CMVirtualCrop2August2020, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #CMVirtualCrop1August2020, #CMVirtualCrop2August2020, #CMVirtualCrop3August2020, etc., so your post can be found that way. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry.
- You have the entire event to submit your projects for all six challenges but all submissions must be received by Aug. 16 at 11:59pm CT. Keep refreshing the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group to see others’ masterpieces!
NOTE: The Prize Pack will be awarded to one participant in each challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident you used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, Aug. 20, at noon CT.
TUTORIAL: Take a look at how to create a woven infinity chain circle for your scrapbook page with Advisor Alison Cole!
To create this layout, you will need:
- London & Paris Theme Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) Returning August
- Paris Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black, Blue, Gray, Scarlet, White & Bronze Shimmer Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Alphabet Stamp Kit System or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Infinity Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
To create this layout, you will need:
- SNEAK PEEK: All My Love Digital Kit (Launching Aug. 17)
Want to try out the Virtual Crop digitally? Check out our demo of how to create your sketch using Custom Albums, Custom Album Covers or Custom Refill Pages. When you complete the sketch, instead of snapping a photo of your layout, take a screenshot and submit it to the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
Did you have fun this weekend? You’ll want to be SURE to join us Sept. 10-12 (Australia 11-13 Sept.) for our Worldwide Virtual Crop! AND — check back for our last Facebook post at the end of THIS Virtual Crop because we’re going to announce something very special that’s coming Monday (Tuesday for Australia) that you’ll want to have for the Worldwide Virtual Crop! Thanks again for joining us and happy scrapping!
Join the Virtual Crop Group ➤
“You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou