The back-to-school season represents a fresh start, new possibilities and the continued growth of knowledge. And while going back to school this year may be a bit unusual for some, it doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate all the amazing students and educators! Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu is gearing up for the season by preparing a fun school scrapbook layout — pencil it is as your next project!
Do you have family traditions for the first day of school?
In the morning of the first day of school, we always take a photo of our kids holding a chalkboard that shows their height and weight. (We also take a similar photo on the last day of school so we can see how much our kids have grown during the year.) We then take a family photo in front of our house before walking to school.
That first day back to school this year will be different, since school will be virtual and we won’t walk to school, but I can’t wait to take a photo to go with this school scrapbook layout and add another page to our family album!
To create this layout you will need:
- Book Smarts Theme Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Book Smarts Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Alphabet Stamp Kit System or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the notebook lines patterned paper as the base.
Step 2: Cut two 1″ x 11″ strips and two 1” x 10” strips of the geometric patterned triangles paper. Cut the end of the strips at 45 degrees to make a miter joint. Ink the edges using the ink pad of the Alphabet Stamp Kit System.
Step 3: Cut a piece of Black Cardstock to measure 8″ x 9″. Adhere it to the base. Adhere the geometric triangles patterned paper strips to frame the Black Cardstock as shown.
Step 4: Adhere stickers and a laser cut border, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What sorts of back to school traditions will you fill this fun school scrapbook layout with? Let us know in the comments below!