Ahh, the humble apple. This delicious fruit tastes especially crisp during fall, and whether you cut it up and bake it in some sweet goodies, drink it in a cider or just chomp a big ol’ bite out of it, it’s a treat that’s tough to beat. Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu was in the apple mood, so she created a gorgeous apple scrapbook layout using the Apple Recipe Template — check it out!
We find apples all year round, but apples harvested in autumn taste especially delicious. There is nothing like the aroma of fresh apple pies. The smell from the oven baking those apple pies really gets my tastebuds tingling! Are you a baker? Do you have an admired apple pie recipe?
To create this layout you will need:
- Hello, Autumn Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Apple Recipe Template Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the speckled acorn patterned paper as the base. Cut the navy weathered paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ and adhere it to the middle.
Step 2: Place the Apple Recipe Template as shown and trace the outside of an apple using a pencil on White Solid Cardstock. Trace the outside of a leaf and stem as a separate piece. Cut out the apple, leaf and stem. Use these cutouts as the base to adhere paper strips in the next step.
Step 3: Cut 1″ strips from various patterned papers. Adhere the strips to the base. Trim excessive strips along the cutout using the All-Purpose Scissors. Adhere the apple and stem to the base. Add the leaf using Foam Squares.
Step 4: Add the Hello, Autumn Stickers, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you like most about this apple scrapbook layout? Let us know in the comments below!