Have you ever been inspired by art, architecture or interior design and tried to re-create that ambiance and allure in your layouts? Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu was recently thinking about her trip to Istanbul (and the ancient tile art she saw and was in awe over!) and it inspired her to create a stylish tile scrapbook layout — check it out!
The Arch Border Frame Punch reminded me of the beautiful Turkish tile art I once saw in Istanbul. All the intricate tile design in the mosques and historical sites were breathtaking. I love travel adventures and I used to travel solo before getting married 12 years ago. Now I am a happy wife and a mother of two boys, but I have a long list of places I love to travel to with my family. Do you have a travel bucket list? If so, where would you like to visit?
To create this layout you will need:
- Hello, Autumn Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Arch Border Frame Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the dark green patterned paper as the base. Cut the light green patterned paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″ and mount on top. Cut White Cardstock to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and mount on top.
Step 2: Cut seven strips of White Cardstock to measure 2-1/16″ x 12″. Using the Arch Border Frame Punch, punch a border from both sides of the White Cardstock strips. Adhere the strips on to the navy weathered patterned paper. Cut the sheet to measure 11-3/8″ x 11-3/8″ and add it to the base.
Step 3: Add a few variety mats and stickers, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What types of tile scrapbook layouts will you create with this idea? Tell us in the comments below!