With many seasonal celebrations around the corner, we’re curious — do you create your Christmas layouts before or after the actual festivity? Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu has been feeling the yuletide spirit lately, which led her to create a joyful Christmas scrapbook layout ahead of time. Check it out!
There may be some people wondering if we celebrate Christmas in Japan. Yes, we do celebrate Christmas in Japan, but in a different way compared to what we see in the U.S. Our “traditional” Christmas dinner is not turkey or ham — it’s fried chicken from KFC. We also have a special dessert called “Christmas cake.” It’s interesting to see how different our cultures are, but we also share common ground, such as the fact that the kids believe in Santa Claus! Do you remember the excitement you would feel when you found presents under the Christmas tree when you were a child?
To create this layout you will need:
- Christmas Spirit Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Christmas Spirit Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Solid, Navy Solid & Platinum Shimmer Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Reindeer Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Santa’s Sleigh Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of Navy Solid Cardstock as the base.
Step 2: Cut the town border from the patterned paper using the 12-inch Trimmer. Then, “fussy cut” the upper side of the border using the Micro-Tip Scissors. Adhere it to the bottom of the base.
Step 3: Cut a circle using the outside of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Blue Blade from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Adhere it to the base.
Step 4: Punch twice using the Reindeer Punch with Black Cardstock. Cut the legs of reindeers and swap the forefoot and back legs — that way your reindeer look like they are flying in the air.
Step 5: Using the Santa’s Sleigh Punch, punch one sleigh with Black Solid Cardstock and two with Platinum Shimmer Cardstock. Add the black sleigh to the moon. Set aside the little stars punched out from Platinum Shimmer Cardstock for later use. (You may use the Platinum Shimmer Cardstock sleighs for your next project.) Using the smallest Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern with the Green Blade, cut out Santa Claus from the “North Pole special delivery” sticker and add it under the sleigh as shown.
Step 6: Add the reindeers, punched out Platinum Shimmer Cardstock little stars and stickers/embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension. Draw the reins using the Black Dual-Tip Pen.
What sorts of Christmas traditions will you fill this Christmas scrapbook layout with? Let us know in the comments below!
6 thoughts on “Gift a Traditional Touch With This Christmas Scrapbook Layout”
Sachiyo – You got the reindeer to fly!!! What an awesome idea and a really nice page. Thank You. Lea
The tip about cutting and switching the reindeer legs was great. Thanks!
I ❤️ this layout!! Brings back sweet childhood memories! Can’t wait to make this 😊. Ki
Yes very creative. Love the Flying Reindeer
You are so clever! Thanks for sharing your great creativity!
Sachiyo, You are SO cleaver and SO creative!