Pumpkins are a symbol of fall — we can bake them, carve them and perhaps get a whiff of them in a scented candle. You can also decorate with them… in garland form! (Yes, really!) Blog contributor Tina Kistinger was feeling the DIY spirit, so she created these DIY paper pumpkin garlands that will make your home look gourd-geous and festive. Check it out below!
I was inspired by the classic kids project and wanted to make a mini version for myself. It was so fun and easy to make! This project can be displayed in two different ways — as a garland or as a place setting decoration for Thanksgiving dinner.
To create this project you’ll need:
- Hello, Autumn Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hello, Autumn Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Baker’s twine or ribbon
Step 1: Cut four strips of paper that measure 7″ x 3/4″.
Step 2: Line up on the cutting mat to equally separate the strips and staple it together.
Step 3: Bring opposite pieces together to create loops using adhesive.
Step 4: Cut another strip of patterned paper to 3/8″ x 1-1/2″. Trim the top to look like a stem.
Step 5: Adhere the stem to the back of a leaf foiled embellishment. Curl the stem using a pencil or bone folder. Adhere the leaf stem cluster to the pumpkin top as shown.
Step 6: String the pumpkins on baker’s twine or ribbon.
Will you be trying out these fun DIY paper pumpkin garlands? What types of autumn crafting do you like to do? Let us know in the comments below!