Due to the ongoing pandemic, many people may be missing out on their happy place or special locations these days, especially if it’s an indoor venue like a library, sports stadium or restaurant. Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu was missing one of her happy places lately, so she created a beautiful base for a happy place scrapbook layout! Take a look below!
What is your happy place? Is it the serenity of a beach? Or maybe, if you’re a serious scrapbooker, it’s your craft room! My happy place is surely my craft room, but I also find a lot of peace in a library. The scent of books, the sound of flipping pages and the excitement of finding the book that enriches your life. I love reading and so does my four-year-old son. We miss going to the library, but we still enjoy reading at home.
To create this layout you will need:
- Natural Disposition Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Diamond Arches Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dotted Leaf Circle Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Bridge Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the black dotted patterned paper as the base for this layout. Cut the white stripe patterned paper to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the base.
Step 2: Using the inside of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle from the mint chevron patterned paper.
Step 3: Using the Diamond Arches Border Punch, punch three borders from the slate chevron patterned paper. Cut each border to a 1″ width. Cut a slit in between arches as shown. Bend the border by tucking the slit to form a circular shape. Adhere the border under the previously cut jumbo circle as shown. Add it to the base.
Step 4: Using the Bridge Border Maker Cartridge, punch the top and bottom of the “My happy place” mat. Cut each side of the mat to measure 3/4″ x 4″. Punch the top and bottom sides of the mat again. Adhere the previously cut 3/4″ borders under the mat, facing the moss green side up. Add it to the base using some Foam Squares.
Step 5: Adhere stickers, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What sorts of happy place scrapbook layout ideas will you create? Let us know in the comments below!