Mini albums may be small, but they sure are mighty — mighty with your beloved photos and memories, that is! These quick, easy-to-do scrapbooking projects can be completed in one sitting and are the perfect way to showcase your special stories, from timely DIY holiday mini albums to showcasing precious baby moments! CM Japan Advisors Yuuki Miyata and Yumi Iizuka came up with these clever DIY mini albums that can turn all sorts of photos into a beautiful display — check them out!
To create this project you will need:
- Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Embellishments (of your choice) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Stickers (of your choice) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Alphabet Stamp Kit System or (Shop Canada) | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Scoring Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a piece of cardstock to measure 12″ x 6″. Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Scoring Blade, score in the middle at 6″.
Step 2: Cut a different piece of cardstock to measure 12″ x 1-1/2″. Score at 9″, 6″ and 3″. Fold up as shown in the photo above. Adhere this strip to the base by just placing adhesive on the ends.
Step 3: Add any size photos to the album as desired — a 5″ x 4″ is a great start.
Step 4: Cut a piece of cardstock to measure 12″ x 1/4″. Then, cut into 1″ to 1-1/2″ pieces. Add embellishments or gems to the ends and adhere to the pop-out strip at the top.
Step 5: Using the Alphabet Stamp Kit System, stamp out your desired title. Cut into tiles and add to the top of the mini album.
Step 6: Add embellishments and stickers and journal as desired.
What sorts of DIY mini albums will you be putting together using this formula? Let us know in the comments below!