With the 2020 lockdown, many people found themselves spending more time than usual with their immediate family members. Lots of people transitioned to working from home. Kids adjusted to virtual learning. Perhaps there have been more shared meals and meaningful conversations around the table. Game and movie nights have picked up in popularity… and these are just a few examples! While this time can certainly be challenging, it can also leave you with a deeper sense of appreciation for the loved ones in your life. Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu learned a lot about her appreciation for her friends and family this year, and she decided to show her gratefulness with a family scrapbook layout made with the Natural Disposition collection. Check it out!
The year 2020 was the strangest year I have ever experienced, but it was also the year I learned to be more thankful for family and friends. I am so grateful to have friends who I’ve gotten to know through the Creative Memories community who have become my family. To tell you the truth, scrapbooking was just one of my hobbies when I started four years ago. Now it has become an essential part of my life and enhances my quality of life quite a bit. Life is magical and full of surprises, don’t you think?
To create this layout you will need:
- Natural Disposition Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Laser Cut Mats or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Natural Disposition Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Diamond Arches Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dotted Leaf Circle Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use the black dotted patterned paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Mark at 3-1/2″ on both sides from a corner of the leaves patterned paper. Using the Diamond Arches Border Punch, punch a border starting from the mark all the way to the paper end. Trim the unpunched corner by 3/8″. Punch the corner using the Dotted Leaf Circle Punch. Adhere to the base sheet as shown.
Step 3: Adhere mats, stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What have you learned about your family in 2020? Or what at-home activities have you enjoyed this year? Comment below and let us know if you’ll be putting together this family scrapbook layout!