As the year comes to a close, people everywhere are starting to think about how they want the upcoming year to be different. This thinking often leads to New Year’s resolutions — goals people want to reach or new habits they want to enact. In fact, tons of people take part in this annual go-getter, do-better tradition, but did you know that about 80-percent of people fall off the resolutions track by February?
Fear not, scrappers! We are a resilient, motivated bunch! Scrapbookers mean business when striving to preserve those precious memories. So, with that being said, we’ve compiled a list of scrapbooking New Year’s resolutions that will help you get even more albums done and create even better, more meaningful projects. Three, two, one… let’s go!
Resolve That Projects Don’t Have to Be “Perfect”
One of the curses of creativity is the pursuit of perfection. But you know what? Life isn’t perfect! (And that’s a fact!) Even if your photos are a little bit out of focus or you don’t know where to place certain stickers to give a spread that extra design appeal, what matters is the story of it all — the emotions, the reminiscing, the handwritten notes and captions… those elements bring the memory back to life and make it a real work of art.
And besides, scrapbooking is supposed to be fun! Try new techniques. Tinker with tools in unique ways. Make mistakes. It’s how you learn, improve and grow. (Plus, let’s be honest, making messes can be fun.) So let go of your inner perfectionist in 2021, and focus on reliving those moments. You are the author, you are the artist and there’s no wrong way to go about the process.
Resolve to Tap Into Inspirational Resources
How many times have you cited a “lack of inspiration” as an excuse to not hit the craft room? Well, we’re leaving that excuse behind in 2021, because there have never been more ways to be inspired to create! The internet has proven to be a scrapbooker’s BFF, with ingenuity, imagination and innovation coming in all shapes, sizes and formats.
Here are some of the places you can go to find oodles of online originality, all under the Creative Memories umbrella:
- Instagram: The Creative Memories Instagram account is a scroll-worthy source for sketches and project ideas to keep the creative juices flowing, as well as the occasional meme to cue in some giggles as you craft.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is the ultimate site for finding inspiration, from cooking and baking to home decorating and quilting, and scrapbooking is no different. Our Creative Memories Pinterest page is filled with projects aplenty and stunning sketches that will get your gears turning, as well as information about the latest products and more. Oh, and we have an entire board of memes, too!
- CMTV: The newest addition to the bunch is CMTV! Instead of sitting down to watch the latest season of a TV show, why not relax and binge-watch some CMTV episodes with fabulously fun project ideas, unboxings of the latest-and-greatest collections, tips and techniques… and that’s just the start of it!
- YouTube: Watch, learn, enjoy, repeat — YouTube is another great outlet if you want to dive into more information and get visuals of new products, tool techniques and project ideas.
- The Blog: If you’re reading this, then you’re already here! The blog is Destination: Motivation, as it’s a go-to source to find easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for borders, cards, layouts and more!
See? Tons of inspirational resources are just waiting for you — will you take advantage of them in 2021?
Resolve to Print More Photos
There’s no denying that smartphones have changed the game for memory preservers everywhere. With a simple tap of a finger, the photo opportunities are endless! While this latest feat in technology is definitely a blessing, it can come at a cost…
Take out your phone and open up your camera roll now. How many amazing photos do you have in there that haven’t been printed out yet? What sorts of photos are stuck living behind that screen that have yet to be shown off to the world in a frame or album? As easy as it is to whip out your phone and take a great picture, it’s also just as easy to let it sit in your phone’s data.
But thankfully, there is a solution to this! A highlight of 2020, Creative Memories now offers professional photo printing. These Fuji Crystal Archive Photo Prints have a beautiful matte finish that give your memories the look and treatment they deserve for years to come.
Resolve to Try Something New
Variety is the spice of life. And while the lockdowns of 2020 may have hindered some of our normal routines or way of life, that doesn’t mean we can’t kick-start 2021 with the objective to have fun and try out new and exciting things!
It could be trying out a new crafting technique, giving a go at digital scrapbooking or Custom Products (CA | AU) or even taking a moment to make a card for a loved one or essential worker! Make time in 2021 to do something new — you may just find a project or idea you really love!
Which of these scrapbooking New Year’s resolutions will you be taking on in 2021? Do you have any of your own that you would like to add to the list? Let us know in the comments below. Happy new year to all!