How do you show your love on Valentine’s Day? Do you buy flowers? Give out chocolates? Send sweet cards to loved ones or perform random acts of kindness? If you’re a crafter, you might opt to create a homemade Valentine’s Day gift instead! Blog contributor Tina Kistinger created her own DIY Valentine’s Day gifts and even added her own sweet twist to the project — check it out!
This DIY Valentine’s Day gift is a sweet treat to give to family, friends, and next-door acquaintances that shows your love. It’s great for a make and take workshop project, as well as a party gift to give to attendees. I enjoy creating projects that use chocolate squares — I’m definitely a chocolate lover!
To create this project you’ll need:
- Love Wins Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Love Wins Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Crimson Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Multi-Purpose Tool or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Returning March
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Chips or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a piece of Crimosn Solid Cardstock to measure 7 3/4″ x 2 1/4″.
Step 2: Score the long side at 3/4″, 4 1/4″ and 4 1/2″. Round the corners using the 2-Way Corner Rounder.
Step 3: Cut a piece of designer paper for the front to measure 3″ x 2″ and adhere to the front as shown. Decorate the front with a heart sticker.
Step 4: Fold up the 3/4″ flap and use a single staple in the middle. Cover using the heart sticker border and trim using Micro-Tip Scissors.
Step 5: Add two Tape Chips to the inside and adhere a chocolate square of your choice.
Will you be creating these DIY Valentine’s Day gifts this year? Comment below and let us know what sorts of DIY projects you like creating for Valentine’s Day!