Have you ever had scrapbooking paper that was so beautiful that you wanted to make the most of its pattern and palette and to not leave any scraps behind? Blog contributor Noreen Smith loves the Emerald Gemstone papers… so much so that she made a layout that uses just one sheet of Emerald Gemstone paper, yet is undeniably full of intrigue and interest! (P.S. You can create this one-page wonder with any CM collection!) Check out this Earth scrapbook layout below to see how Noreen did it!
The new Emerald Gemstone Paper Pack features such stunning papers — I want to make use of every square inch of every single page! That’s okay, for I’ve come up with an easy cutting technique to create a single-page layout using just one of the precious Emerald Gemstone papers, a couple of pieces of coordinating cardstock and the intricate Gemstone Chain Border Maker Cartridge!
To create the layout you will need:
- One piece of paper from the Emerald Gemstone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- In this layout, Blue Solid Cardstock was used for the photo mats and Aqua Solid Cardstock was used for the layout base.
- Emerald Gemstone Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Emerald Gemstone Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Gemstone Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- CM Zero Centering Ruler or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Watch the video to see how easy it is to cut and assemble this layout or follow along with the written instructions below.
Step 1: Crop three photos to measure 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and cut Blue Solid Cardstock into three 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ squares. Mount photos onto cardstock squares with adhesive.
Step 2: Arrange matted photos onto designer paper, using the Zero Centering Ruler to ensure they are 1/4″ in from all sides of paper. Adhere. Trim patterned paper around photos. Set photo strip aside.
Step 3: With the Gemstone Chain Border Punch, punch two borders from remaining designer paper. Tip: Discard the punch debris, but save the skinny strips to add to your layout for a little extra contrast!
Step 4: Turn remaining strip of patterned paper 90 degrees and cut at 1/2″. Discard small 1/2″ scrap.
Step 5: Turn designer paper 90 degrees and cut at 2″ to yield one 2″ x 11-1/2″ strip and one 3-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip.
Step 6: Assemble layout as shown, placing 2″ x 11-1/2″ strip near top of page, followed by a border strip, the photo strip, the second border strip and the 3-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip onto Aqua Solid Cardstock. Make sure to align the edges of the paper strips with the edges of the matted photos. Adhere. Add the skinny strips leftover from punching the border strips if desired.
Step 7: Complete layout with title sticker cluster, adding Foam Squares to the cluster to provide dimension. Cut one of the double-journal card mats into two sections. Tip: Use All-Purpose Scissors to fussy cut the design around the journal box as shown! Journal with a Black Dual-Tip Pen and add card to layout along with any other desired sticker embellishments.
Try this Earth scrapbook layout with any of the amazing Emerald Gemstone patterned papers, or any other papers that are precious to you! What paper pack do you want to get the most out of? Let us know in the comments below!