Whether you’re hosting a birthday party, a family reunion or even just looking for something to do after dinner to ease into the evening, game days and nights are always a good idea — bonus points for lots of memories and laughter! Even better, with so many video chat options available today (Zoom, anyone?) there are tons of opportunities to stay connected and be competitive. A win-win-win for all! Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu and her family have been actively playing games during these unusual times, and because of it, many family night delights have occurred! See how she tapped into board game bliss with this game night scrapbook layout!
One of the many things I am grateful for during this pandemic is that we spend more time with family. Like most children, our older son loves to play games like Minecraft and Fortnite with his friends. One day, my husband took out a board game and taught our kids how to play it. Our two sons were hooked on that board game, and since then, we’ve been playing a board game almost every night. Do you play board games? If so, what is your game of choice?
To create this layout you will need:
- Staycation Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Staycation Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Staycation Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Blue, Scarlet, Aqua, Orange, Goldenrod & Leaf Green Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut out a 1/2″ wide frame from Blue Solid Cardstock. Cut five mats from the cardstock to measure 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″. Using the inside of the large Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle from the Blue Solid Cardstock.
Step 2: Cut the white wood grain paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″. Adhere it to the blue frame.
Step 3: Cut 16 squares from various hues of cardstock to measure 1″ x 1″.
Step 4: Add the cut-out mats, circle and 1″ squares to the base as shown.
Step 5: Adhere stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Does this game night scrapbook layout have you itching to play a board game — and to make this project?! And like Sachiyo asked, what is your game of choice? Tell us… we want to know!