What do you think of when you look back on the memories of your childhood? Was there a momentous occasion close to your heart that you can still recall, or perhaps you can remember a day playing games and having fun with those dearest to you or maybe it’s the quality (and tail-wagging) time you spent with a beloved pet? No matter what comes to mind, creating memories, from childhood into adulthood, is what life is all about. Memories remind us of the important people and places we hold dear to our hearts. And if you want to build a happy home for your most special memories, the Homestead collection, like this farmhouse chic scrapbook layout, constructs just that! See for yourself!
To create this layout you will need:
- Homestead Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with the Jumbo Circle Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Check out the whole Homestead collection in the video below!
Step 1: Cut 11 pieces of paper to measure 6″ x 2″ from a various patterned papers.
Step 2: With the brushed metal paper, adhere the various patterned pieces. (One corner will be the brushed metal paper.)
Step 3: Using the Custom Cutting System and the Jumbo Circle Pattern, align on top of the previous piece and use the Blue Blade to cut the from the middle. Use the 12-inch Trimmer to cut 1/4″ from each side of the paper.
Step 4: Adhere photos from the back side of the circle, filling in the circle as much as possible. If there are any open spots, fill the back of the circle with paper. Set aside.
Step 5: Using the Custom Cutting System and the Jumbo Circle Pattern, align it on the brown leather paper, use the Blue Blade to cut from the inside edge. Without moving the Jumbo Circle, cut using the Red Blade. This will give you three pieces— a circle, a ring and the outer piece.
Step 6: Use the outer piece as the base for the layout. Adhere the previous piece with the circle/photo to the middle of the brown leather piece.
Step 7: Adhere the ring to the outside edge of the photo circle.
Step 8: Adhere small mat to journal on. Journal as desired.
Step 9: Adhere stickers and embellishments to the layout using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What speaks most to you with the farmhouse chic scrapbook layout? What photos or memories would you share? Give a shout-out in the comments below!