Yellow — the sunniest hue in the rainbow. We associate yellow with warmth, sunshine and happiness, and this attention-getter shade can be seen throughout our environment, from Easter daffodils to the golden accents of buttercups and dandelions, baby chicks and the great pollinators that are bees. Want to say yellow to a fresh layout? Then take a look at this yellow scrapbook layout using the Botanical Burst collection!
To create this layout you will need:
- Botanical Burst Yellow Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Botanical Burst Yellow Petals & Leaves Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Lined Designer Paper or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of yellow quilt grid paper as the base for this layout. Adhere 12 yellow foiled petals to the bottom of the layout, about 1″ from the bottom edge.
Step 2: Cut an 11″ x 9-3/4″ piece of White Solid Cardstock and mount on the layout, covering the tops of the petals. Cut a 10-3/4″ x 9-1/2″ piece of yellow star bursts paper and adhere on top.
Step 3: Cut a 10-3/4″ x 2″ strip of yellow stripes paper and adhere to the bottom of the yellow star bursts paper. Cut a 10-1/2″ x 1-3/4″ strip of bold field mustard florals and mount on top.
Step 4: Cut a 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of yellow stripes paper. Mount a 5-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ photo on top and adhere to the layout. Crop three photos to 3″ x 3″ and add to the layout as shown.
Step 5: Using the outside of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Green Blade, cut an oval from yellow stripes paper. Using the Red Blade, cut an oval from white lined designer paper and mount on top. Adhere to the layout.
Step 6: Layer and adhere flowers and leaves foiled embellishments as shown, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 7: Journal as desired.
What do you like most about this yellow scrapbook layout? What sunny images would you highlight on it? Let us know in the comments below!