They’re the small finishing touches for presents — they’re gift tags! And CM now offers the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch to add that final pop of personality and handwritten message or greeting for any wrapped present or perfectly packed bag. But besides making custom tags or labels, you can also use this punch to create accents for cards, journal boxes, entire borders for layouts and more! See for yourself with these scrapbook crafts for teens, as we feature a card (with a bonus gift card holder) and three layered borders that make way for eye-catching appeal.
To create these borders and card, you will need:
- Tie Dye Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Denim Texture Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- You Got This Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- You Got This Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Expected late August
- You Got This Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Scoring Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Check out the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch in action in the video below!
You Got This Card With Gift Card Holder
Step 1: Create the card base. Cut an 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ piece of White Solid Cardstock. Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Scoring Blade, score along the long edge at 4-1/4″ and fold in half.
Step 2: Cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of patchwork denim texture tonal tie-dye designer papers and adhere to the card front.
Step 3: Cut a 2-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ strip of both melon red and lemon yellow papers. Punch one end of each with the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch. Adhere to the card at a slight angle.
Step 4: To make the Gift Card Holder:
- Cut a 5-1/2” x 4-1/2” piece of blue tie-dye designer paper. With the 12-inch Trimmer and the Scoring Blade, score the long side at 1/2″ and at 3″.
- Fold the paper to a 2-1/2″ width and punch the top.
- Open it up and place the middle of the tag punched edge and the 1/2″ edge at an angle on the cutting mat of the trimmer. Cut, leaving you with just the left-most edge with a tag punched edge.
- Run adhesive along the bottom and fold the piece up again. Run adhesive along the 1/2″ edge and fold around the back.
- Adhere gift card to the card.
Step 5: Cut a 4-1/2″ section of a border sticker and adhere to the card. Add additional stickers and embellishments.
Tip: Use the gift card holder technique to make other holders!
Step 1: Cut a 12″ x 2-1/2″ strip of cardstock for the base.
Step 2: Cut six 2-1/2″ x 3-1/8″ pieces of various You Got This designer papers. Punch a 2-1/2” end of each paper with the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch and adhere side by side on the base.
Step 3: Adhere a wide denim band laser-cut border across the middle. Cut a 12″ x 1/2″ strip of White Solid Cardstock. Adhere title bar stickers across the length of the strip as shown. Mount on the wide denim band along with a notebook paper edge border sticker.
Step 4: Adhere remaining stickers using Foam Squares.
Go Team, Go!! Border
Step 1: Cut a 12″ x 2-1/2″ strip of dark navy tie-dye folds designer paper for the base. Punch both short ends with the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch.
Step 2: Cut an 11-1/2″ x 2” strip of multi-hued tie-dye stripes designer paper. Punch both ends with the 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch and adhere to the base. Cut an 11″ x 1″ strip of faded denim texture tonal paper. Punch both ends and adhere on top.
Step 3: Cut a 9″ section of the shoes border sticker and mount on the border. Add additional stickers and embellishments using Foam Squares.
Sweet 16 Border
Step 1: Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of cardstock for the base.
Step 2: Punch several tags from various denim texture tonal paper scraps — some 2-1/2″ wide, others 2″ or 1″ wide. Layer them on the base as shown. Trim the non-punched edge if necessary.
Step 3: Cut a 1-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ strip of melon red bursts tie-dye designer paper and adhere to the border. Place a multi-hued border sticker along the right edge.
Step 4: Add additional stickers, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Which of these scrapbook crafts for teens has you feeling wild and free? What kind of projects would you dream up with the new 3-in-1 Bevel Tag Punch (gift tags, journal cards, layered borders, etc.)? Share your thoughts and project ideas in the comments below! You never know who you may inspire!