Cardinal red, burnt orange, opulent ocher, lively yellow — autumn leaves and their gorgeous hues inspire everything from poetry to road trips, hiking and more… and ultimately, raking all the fallen foliage at the end of the season. Well, whether you’re cleaning up your yard or cherishing the picturesque and kaleidoscopic hues that paint nature, take a peek at this leaf card technique with scrapbooking pens that will surely make you fall for autumn even more.
To create this card you’ll need:
- It’s Fall, Y’all Tone-on-Tone Paper or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- It’s Fall, Y’all Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- It’s Fall, Y’all Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rich Brown Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Scoring Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Deep Purple & Pure Brown Dot Tip Pens or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Makeup sponge
Take a closer look at the Dot Pens in the video below!
Step 1: Cut a piece of Rich Brown Solid Cardstock to measure 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″. Score at 4-1/4″ and fold in half.
Step 2: Cut a piece of grid tonal paper to measure 5-1/4″ x 4″.
Step 3: Using the Pure Brown Dot Tip Pen, rub onto a makeup sponge. Gently dab some of the ink off, then rub along the edges of a grid tonal paper. Adhere the grid tonal paper to the front of the card.
Step 4: Turn one of the leaf embellishments facedown on the grid tobal paper. Use the fine-tip end to trace around the leaf. Using the dot-tip end, dot along the back side/edges of the leaf.
Step 5: Adhere stickers and smaller leaf embellishments to the card for a sentiment.
Step 6: Using fine-point tips of both pens, doodle around the outer edge of the grid tonal paper.
What are your thoughts on this leaf card technique with scrapbooking pens? Who do you like sending cards to? Relay your insight and inspiration in the comments below!
2 thoughts on “Finesse With Foliage: Leaf Card Technique With Scrapbooking Pens”
I love this card! I have to make a few autumn-themed postcards for a few of us in an online handmade postcard swap group. I don’t yet have the It’s Fall Y’all items but I do still have some of last year’s Hello Autumn bundle (or was that the Croptober line?)!
I am going to try this card this weekend at a crop and then hope to share with others. Neat use of pens.