Before you adorn it with ornaments and strands of lights, rock around it or open presents under it, you’ve got to find it! Your Christmas tree, that is! Fresh or artificial, trees are an iconic symbol and decoration at Christmastime. But if you do go the fresh route, before you take your perfectly pruned timber with its unmistakable spicy scent home, stick around to take part in the many complementary activities that tree farms have to offer — visiting Santa, sipping hot cocoa or cider, seeing live reindeer and so much more. The tree-choosing process is just the tip of the iceberg (or fir!) for family fun, so tromp out to merriment and memories with this Christmas scrapbook layout!
To create this layout you will need:
- Joy to the World Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Solid Cardstock – Any shade or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Micro-Tip Scissors (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of gingham designer paper as the base for this layout.
Step 2: Cut fifteen 3/4″ x 12″ strips of various designer and tonal papers. Adhere them side by side on a piece of cardstock (any hue). Trim to about 11-1/8″ x 11-1/8″ (Save the leftover strip of 15 papers for Step 3.) Round the corners with the 2-Way Corner Rounder and adhere to the base at an angle.
Step 3: Place a trees laser-cut border on the leftover strips from Step 2, making sure to rotate the strip so the colors will be in a different order than the larger piece (see photo). Using Micro-Tip Scissors, fussy-cut around the trees so just the shades of various papers show. Cut a 1″ x 11-1/8″ strip of plaid designer paper. Mount the trees piece on top and adhere to the layout as shown.
Step 4: Cut a 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ piece of navy blue graphic snowflakes paper for a 6″ x 4″ photo. Cut two 4-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of gold ornaments paper for two 4″ x 5″ photos. Mount all on the layout.
Step 5: Using the outside track of the smallest Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Red Blade, cut a circle from plaid designer paper. Mount on the layout as shown.
Step 6: Add stickers and embellishments, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 7: Journal as desired.
Do you take annual visits to the tree farm and cut down your own Christmas tree? What do you like most about this Christmas scrapbook layout? Tell us your thoughts in the comments down below — we’d love to hear from you!
5 thoughts on “Fir Real, This Christmas Scrapbook Layout Is Tree-mendous”
Such a cute layout. Love all the colors!
Very festive! Love it!
I love the strips of designer papers angled and rounded. I love this page. Even though I put up a fake tree every year, I still make a layout about it. Now I know what to do for 2021. :-)