Candles enhance the atmosphere of a home — from placing nearby a window at Christmastime to Hanukkah and Kwanzaa — and are a glowing glimmer of decoration and celebration. (And they’re honestly just wonderful scents of goodness all year round!) Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu was feeling the festive fragrance and made this Christmas scrapbook layout with a candle craft upon it — will you be making it to light up your special moments?
Do you use candles in your everyday life or on a special occasion? I used to collect candles from the places I visited. My most beloved one was from Zimbabwe that has ethnic design and earthy scents. Every time I light a candle, the fragrance and the gentle flame of candle makes me remember the journey. Do you have a special candle that brings back memories of your precious moment?
To create this layout you will need:
- Joy to the World Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Dark Green, Goldenrod, Navy, Orange Shimmer, Parakeet Shimmer & White Shimmer Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Holly Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia) — Expected to return in November
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 2-Way Corner Rounder or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of Navy Solid Cardstock as the base.
Step 2: Cut the gold stripes tonal paper to measure 11-3/4″ x 11-3/4″. Cut the paper at 3-1/2″ length and add to the base. Flip the larger piece and adhere to the base to show gold tonal polka dots design.
Step 3: To create the candles, make the following cuts:
- Cut the navy graphic snowflakes designer paper to measure 5″ x 4″
- Cut the red holly berries designer paper to measure 4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″
- Cut the gingham designer paper to measure 3-1/2″ x 5″
- Cut a piece of White Shimmer Solid Cardstock to measure 4-3/4″ x 3-3/4″, 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ and 3-1/4″ x 4-3/4″
Step 4: Using the 2-Way Corner Rounder, round two corners of all the pieces. Add white shimmer mats to the candle pieces. Add to the page as shown.
Step 5: Cut a piece of Orange Shimmer Solid Cardstock to 1-1/2″ width and Goldenrod Solid Cardstock to 1″. Fold the piece and cut as shown to make it look like flame. Make three sets. Add on the top of each candle.
Step 6: Using the Holy Punch, punch nine Parakeet Shimmer Soli Cardstocks and nine Dark Green Solid Carstock pieces. Adhere the dark green pieces to the page. Add the candles laser-cut border, then adhere the parakeet shimmer pieces with Foam Squares.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What are your thoughts on this Christmas scrapbook layout? Will you be making these scrapbooking candle crafts on your next project? Tell us down below!