For two millennia, many people from across the globe have been observing “the most wonderful time of the year” with traditions, observances and practices that are both religious and secular and filled with themes of love, goodwill, giving and others. In fact, engagements with your community can bring glad tidings of comfort and joy, like attending church and school programs, listening to glorious choral performances, partaking in charitable donations and volunteering, wrapping gifts and baking goodies for others and more. Blog contributor Karyn McDermaid-Rolfe reflected on a communal Christmas celebration that made her think of her own nostalgic experience, and in turn, made this Christmas scrapbook layout!
My granddaughter’s performance as an angel in her first-grade Christmas program was my inspiration for this layout. It reminded me that I was also an angel in our Christmas midnight mass procession when I was her age many years ago.
To create this layout you will need:
- Joy to the World Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Joy to the World Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Bronze Shimmer & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Holly Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Nativity Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- OR Small hole punch
- Micro-Tip Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Navy Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a 1″ hollow frame from the gold ornaments designer paper. Cut navy blue graphic snowflakes designer paper to measure 11-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and adhere to the frame.
Step 2: Use the Nativity Border Punch to punch a border from White Solid Cardstock. With the Micro-Tip Scissors, cut apart a single Nativity scene and a single angel. Repeat with Bronze Shimmer Solid Cardstock. With Foam Squares, adhere the white pieces on top of the bronze shimmer pieces.
Step 3: Use the Holly Punch to punch holly pieces from White and Bronze Shimmer Solid Cardstocks. Use the large circle cutout from the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set or small hole punch to punch circles for the middle holly berries.
Step 4: From red holly berries designer paper, cut “ribbons” that measure 1″ x 2-1/2″, 1″ x 1-3/4″, 6-1/4″ x 1″ and 5-1/2″ x 1″.
Step 5: From White Solid Cardstock, cut a “ribbon” that measures 6-1/8″ x 7/8″ and adhere to a red “ribbon.”
Step 6: Use the inside edge of the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern and the Blue Blade to cut a circle from red holly berries designer paper. Adhere sticker to the circle piece.
Step 7: Cut two 4-1/8″ x 4-1/8″ photo mats from White Solid Cardstock. Adhere two 4″ x 4″ photos on top.
Step 8: Use Repositionable Tape Runner adhesive to adhere the holly pieces in a circular pattern. Layer some pieces as shown.
Step 9: Add the Nativity scene and angel pieces, ribbons, stickers and embellishments as shown using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
Step 10: Journal as desired.
What traditions do you have at Christmastime? What memories would you highlight on this Christmas scrapbook layout? Tell us your thoughts and opinions below!