What are your scrapbooking goals for the year? Whether it’s to complete a certain number of albums, to scrapbook X times a week or to finally get those photos off your phone and start getting them into an album, we can help! The last week of every month throughout 2023, you can take on the Completed Album Challenge in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group! This challenge will help incentivize you to achieve your album goals for 2023 AND to share your memories with others and be inspired by theirs as well! Learn more about the challenge below.
Completed Album Challenge
- Who can participate? All Advisors and customers who are members of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- When are the challenges? The last week of each month. Challenges will start Mondays at noon CT and will end on Sundays at 11:59pm CT.
- What is the challenge? When you finish a new album, make a short video flipping through each of the pages in your newly completed album. Then, post your video in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group with the hashtag for the chance to win. For example, May’s will be #CompletedMay2023.
- What can you win? Three lucky winners will get a pack of 12×12 White Plain Pages and Protectors (16/pk), Tape Runner Refill, Repositionable Tape Runner Refill and their choice of any 1 plain 12×12 bookcloth album cover!
- When will winners be announced? On Thursdays at noon CT the week after the challenge has ended.
- Does it need to be a newly completed album? For the first month, you can share any album(s) that you completed in 2022 or January 2023. From February on out, you’ll want to show a newly completed album that you finished during the month to be eligible to win.
- Why does it need to be a newly completed album for February and after? Because it’s more fun that way AND it will help you achieve your album goals for 2023!
Here’s an example of what your Completed Album Challenge video could look like!
- How many completed pages count as a “completed album”? You will need to have a minimum number of pages that come in the Refill Pages pack for the size of the album you are completing. So:
- If a 12×12 album, at least 16 pages.
- If an 8×8 album, at least 12 pages.
- If a Happy Album, at least 13 pages.
- If an 8×8 Paper Album, at least 8 pages.
- Do I have to create an album from start to finish in 1 month to be eligible to win? No! It can be completing any album you’ve already been working on. All that matters is that you finished it during the month you post your challenge video (from February on out).
- Do Custom Albums or digital albums count? Yes!
- Do I have to use all Creative Memories products to be eligible to win? No, but it must be evident that you have created your album using predominantly Creative Memories (new or old) products.
If you’re close to completing an album, this would be a great time to finish it so you can post your challenge video in the Virtual Crop Facebook Group! And who knows… you may be a lucky winner!
45 thoughts on “Take on the “Completed Album Challenge””
This sounds both fun and inspiring!! …being a rule follower, I need to ask – if most everything but journaling, a few decorative details/titles and page protectors was finished before the month began, does that count as being finished during the current month? (not January – I get that this is a very lenient month… but after that?)
Hi Adrienne –
If almost everything was done and you finished your album by journaling/adding embellishments, it counts because you finished the album!
Glad you are inspired, we can’t wait to see what you create!
Does competing digital albums count in the challenge?
Hi Althea –
Digital albums definitely count!
Some of us work on more than one album at a time. How do we handle that? And I often do pages for past albums so the album I finish may be an older one. Not sure I will bother with this since I would never have the time to finish a whole album in one month. Not to mention Not having the money to spend that much at a time.
Instead of encouraging me, this challenge simply adds to the stress. Not something I scrapbook for.
I get it, but the challenge doesn’t read (to me) that you must start AND finish the album in that month, just finish an album. I also work on several albums at the same time, so whenever I do finish an album I will share it. Might not get one every month, but I should get a couple this year… I hope! Good luck completing pages!!
That sounds better to me. Thanks.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe you need to do a whole album in one month. You just post it in the month you finish it.
Hi there –
The others are correct in their responses — you do not need to start and finish an entire album in 1 month. Whenever an album is complete, it counts toward the challenge. Hope this helps and you can share some completed albums this year!
Thank you, that does help.
What does CT mean after the time to complete an album?
eg. Sunday 11:59pm CT
I have scrapped all over the place for the last 10 years and have about 100 part done albums so this is challenging me to finish some of those. My aim is to finish everyone’s first one this year. I have done 5 this year so far. My first two albums of my childhood, my eldest daughter’s first one (she is 45)and well on the way with her second one, and two trip albums. I am fairly close to finishing my second daughter’s first album (she is 43), my late husbands first volume of his Tribute Album (it started as one book and has become 3 as people have sent me photos and I have found more photos and momentos as I sort through his stuff. Also working on a Heritage Album for my Mum, another for my Dad and I have another daughter and 8 grandchildren.
How many pages count as a completed album?
What counts as a completed album — completing the minimum number of pages that come in the Refill Pages Packs for its size. So if it’s a 12×12, then at least 16 pages. If it’s an 8×8, then at least 12 pages. If it’s a Happy Album, then 13 pages.
How did you get your granddaughters name on the album cover? I have had Title on the spine by CM but I’d love to have a name on the cover.
Hi Kathleen! This can be done by customizing and ordering a Custom Foiled Album Cover! You can check out the link below for details!