Have you ever sat on your couch at home and scrolled and scrolled through your social media apps, not sure what to do with your time? Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t take meaningful pictures! Your abode is filled with unexpected photo opportunities and snippets of life. Cooking a new recipe. Playing card games. Making paper crafts or finger paintings with your kids. Throwing an indoor picnic. Enjoying a karaoke night. No need to wait for the posed shot or the perfect lighting — grab the moment as it is and treasure the little things! If you’re feeling inspired to seize the moment, then take a look at this two-page home scrapbook spread and let these everyday experiences be preserved as extraordinary experiences!
To create this layout you will need:
- Welcome Home Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Welcome Home Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Welcome Home Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Welcome Home Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Welcome Home Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with Honeycomb Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia
Step 1: Choose two sheets of grid designer paper as the base for this two-page spread.
Step 2: Using the Honeycomb Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch two borders with green small triangles and two with rust terra cotta small triangles tonal papers. (Save the leftover small hexagon shapes for Step 6.) Cut two 12″ x 1-1/4″ strips of sky blue kitchen towel designer paper and adhere across the tops of both pages, tucking a green honeycomb border behind each. Cut two 12″ x 1/2″ strips of sky blue kitchen towel designer paper and adhere across the bottoms of both pages, tucking a terra cotta honeycomb border behind each.
Step 3: Cut two 3″ x 8-1/2″ pieces of terra cotta small triangles tonal paper. Adhere to the middle of the layout. Cut an 11″ x 4″ piece of ditsy flowers designer paper and adhere to the left side of the layout as shown.
Step 4: Crop five photos to 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and mat with five 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ pieces of sky blue small triangles tonal paper. Adhere to the layout. Cut a 6-1/4” x 4-1/4” piece of sky blue small triangles tonal paper and mount a 6” x 4” photo on it. Cut a 6-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ piece of wood designer paper and adhere the matted photo on it. Mount on the layout.
Step 5: Cut a green laser-cut border in two pieces, 8″ and 4″, adhering the larger piece under the large photo as shown. Adhere the other on the right side of the layout. Add stickers and embellishments, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 6: Adhere several leftover hexagon shapes (from Step 2) to the layout. (If desired, punch a sky blue border and use the hexagon shapes to add more detail.)
Step 7: Journal as desired.
What activities do you like to do at home? What are your thoughts on this home scrapbook spread? Relay your answers in the comments section below!