Eyespots of a peacock tail. Evolving camouflage of a chameleon. Striking stripes of a zebra. Spots of a cheetah. Nature loves patterns! (And let’s be honest, so do scrapbookers!) If you’re longing like a giraffe for something eye-catching, then make this zoo themed scrapbook layout that is zoo-per duper!
To create this layout you will need:
- What A Zoo, Too! Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- What A Zoo, Too! Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- What A Zoo, Too! Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of White Solid Cardstock (or a White Refill Page) as the base for this layout. Cut a piece of jungle leaves designer paper to 10-5/8″ x 10-5/8″ and adhere on the layout, about 1/8″ from the bottom and right edges.
Step 2: Cut a 1″ x 12″ strip of each mustard yellow diamond gird, brown animal spots and zebra stripes designer papers. Align the long side of one strip along the 45-degree line on the 12-inch Trimmer with the top point resting on the cutting edge. Cut off a triangle. Flip the strip to the back side, align again and cut another triangle. Continue this way cutting off triangles until you’ve got seven. Repeat with the other two strips.
Step 3: Using the photo as a guide for arrangement, adhere the triangles along the left and top edges, leaving 1/8″ of space all around. Trim the last triangle in half to complete the pattern on the two ends.
Step 4: Crop a photo to 5-1/4″ x 3-3/4″ and mat with a 5-1/2″ x 4″ piece of brown animal spots designer paper. Crop a photo to 3-3/4″ x 5″ and mat with a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of mustard yellow diamond grid designer paper. Mount on the layout along with the “Giraffing me crazy!” mat and zebra stripes journal mat cut in half.
Step 5: Add stickers, popping some up with Foam Squares for added dimension.
Step 6: Journal as desired.
What do you think of this zoo scrapbook layout? Is it “giraffing you crazy?”