Today’s blog from contributor (and scrapbooking extraordinaire!) Sachiyo Omitsu is all about framing up moments that revolve around connections and community, scrapbooking and sweet friends… and CM! Give this Creative Memories-themed scrapbook layout a go (and her perforating technique) that will make you eager and excited for your next crop!
To create this layout you will need:
- Scrap Happy 2 Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Foiled Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Variety Mat Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scrap Happy 2 Laser Cut Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Blue, Platinum Shimmer, Pumpkin & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Scissors Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Perforating Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of Blue Solid Cardstock for the base of this layout.
Step 2: Cut a piece of diagonal stripes designer paper to measure 11-3/4” x 11-3/4”. Mark at 1”, 2”, 3” and 4” from the top-left and bottom-right corners. Use the 12-inch Trimmer and the Perforating Blade, cut the paper diagonally to connect the marked points. Tear a part of the paper along the perforated line and roll the piece by hand as seen above. Use a piece of adhesive to fix the roll.
Step 3: Cut a 1” strip from the purple designer paper and the multi-hued shutters designer paper. Adhere the strips to the back of the diagonal stripes designer paper and trim the excess. Add to the base.
Step 4: Use the Scissors Border Punch to punch a border from Platinum Shimmer and Pumpkin Solid Cardstocks. Cut out three scissors segments from both hues and assemble to make scissors.
Step 5: Cut two mats to measure 4” x 4” from a piece of White Solid Cardstock. Cut two circles using the outside edge of the smallest Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Green Blade from White Solid Cardstock. Adhere the mats from the backside of the laser-cut paper. Add to the page.
Step 6: Draw a dotted line to the laser-cut paper. Draw lines to journal on the right bottom-right of the page. Cut out the “Live to scrap” from a variety mat.
Step 7: Adhere scissors and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you think of Sachiyo’s Creative Memories-themed scrapbook layout?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 32,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!
3 thoughts on “Frame Fantastic, Scrappy Memories With This Creative Memories-Themed Scrapbook Layout”
Love it Sachi!! I noticed the perforated technique before I even read the supplies list!! So cool.
Love, Love, Love this!! Scrap Happy 2 was one of my favorite collections anyway. Love how you did the tearing and the scissors. Thanks for always sharing your talent Sachiyo.
Oh what a neat technique! This would be good for photos of a home improvement project too!