Camping can open doors to inspiring, fresh air adventures while also creating memories to last a lifetime. Whether it’s an old-fashioned tent, modern RV, pop-up camper, rustic cabin or lakeside cottage, you can get an up-close, immersive experience with nature and escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life… and perhaps enjoy some fishing, hiking, toasting marshmallows over a crackling bonfire, cooking burgers and hotdogs over charcoal grills, stargazing and more. And with the U.S. Memorial Day observance just around the corner (and for many, the unofficial start of summer!), it’s the perfect time to tap into blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu’s camp scrapbook layout!
To create this layout you will need:
- Set Up Camp Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Set Up Camp Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Set Up Camp Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Hot Fudge, Black, Dark Green & Baby Blue Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Comfortable Camper Border Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut a circle using the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Blue Blade from a piece of Hot Fudge Solid Cardstock. Cut a circle using the outside edge of the Jumbo Circle Custom Cutting System Pattern with the Red Blade from the rust plaid paper. Set aside the cut-out frame for Step 2. Trim the edge of the circle shapes randomly with the All-Purpose Scissors. Adhere the rust circle to the hot fudge circle. Set this aside.
Step 2: Trim the frame that you cut in Step 1 to measure 11-3/4” x 11-3/4”. Adhere to a piece of Black Solid Cardstock.
Step 3: Use the Comfortable Camper Border Punch to punch a border from a piece of Black Solid Cardstock. Cut the border at 2″ in height. Cut a piece of the off-white arrows paper to measure 3/4” x 11-3/4” and add to the bottom of the border.
Step 4: Cut one mat to measure 4-1/2” x 6-1/2” and two mats to measure 4-1/2” x 4-1/2” from a piece of Dark Green Solid Cardstock. Cut one mat to measure 4-1/4” x 6-1/4” and two mats to measure 4-1/4” x 4-1/4” from a piece of Baby Blue Solid Cardstock. Add to the dark green mats.
Step 5: Adhere stickers, embellishments and mats, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you think of the layered tree stump design of Sachiyo’s camp scrapbook layout? Are you going camping this weekend or have any upcoming plans that would fit with this project idea? Share below!
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 32,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!