Reds, pinks, oranges — they are vibrant, warm hues which means they’re all best friends on the color wheel! Blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu mixed in these sizzling shades to create a tonal scrapbook layout that we’re totally crushin’ on!
To create this layout you will need:
- Totally Tonal Red, Soft Pink & Tangerine Paper Packs or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Totally Tonal Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White, Black, Red & Soft Pink Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares Variety Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Micro-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Cut out a 1/2” width frame (A) from a piece of Black Solid Cardstock. Trim the square piece to
measure 10-3/4” x 10-3/4” (B). Cut a piece of White Solid Cardstock to measure 11-3/4” x 11-3/4” and cut out a 1” width frame (C). Cut another piece of White Solid Cardstock to measure 10-1/2” x 10-1/2” and cut out a 1” width frame (D). Trim the square piece to measure 8-1/4” x 8-1/4” (E).
Step 2: Cut seven 1” wide strips from various papers. Cut each strip into 1” square pieces. Adhere the square pieces to the frame C and D, spacing approximately 1/16” each other.
Step 3: Adhere the larger frame (C) to the frame A. Add the piece B and then the smaller frame (D). Add the piece E on the top.
Step 4: Cut two mats to measure 4” x 6” and one mat to measure 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” from a piece of Red Solid Cardstock. Cut two mats to measure 3-7/8” x 5-7/8” and one mat to measure 3-3/8” x 3-3/8” from a piece of Soft Pink Solid Cardstock. Add to the red mats.
Step 5: Cut a piece of orange crosshatch paper to measure 4-1/2” x 3” and cut the end to make a banner shape. Draw stitch line with the Black Micro-Tip Pen. Use this piece for journal.
Step 6: Adhere stickers, mats and journal piece, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What are your thoughts on Sachiyo’s tonal scrapbook layout? What other hue-tifu combinations would you make?
P.S. Are YOU a member of the Virtual Crop Facebook Group? It’s your go-to place for MONTHLY Virtual Crops, MONTHLY Completed Album Challenges, WEEKLY LIVE STREAMING of Fast & Fun Projects with Noreen, LIVE QUARTERLY Secret Box Openings with project tutorials and so much more! We hope you’ll join our community of more than 34,000 fellow memory-keeping enthusiasts — you’ll feel right at home!