I had the pleasure of working on a wedding album with one of my best friends recently and when we were going through her photos she also shared with me her engagement photos. As soon as I saw them I immediately knew that we couldn’t complete this album without throwing in a few of the engagement shots as well.
The photos were taken in autumn up here in Canada where the colours in nature become vibrant and absolutely stunning for a few blissful weeks every year. The photos screamed Painted Harvest as soon as I saw them and then once I put together a quick layout I couldn’t believe how perfectly it came together.
Continue reading Feeling Inspired with Painted Harvest
The new Zig Zag Border Maker cartridge is sure to liven up your pages! Here, I’ve paired it with a few of my favorite product collections.
To make these borders, you’ll need:
Painted Harvest Leaves Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of peacock blue cardstock. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of dark blue leaves paper and mount on top of cardstock border.
- Using Zig Zag cartridge, punch 2 borders with burnt orange paper, 1 with turquoise paper and 1 with light yellow paper. Mount to border as shown, nesting 3 zig zags and flipping second orange zig zag for effect. (Save leftover shapes for floral border, below.)
- Cut three 1-1/2″ peacock blue squares, two 1-1/4″ yellow squares, one 1-1/4″ orange square and one 1-3/4″ orange square. Mount as shown to border. Punch a variety of leaves from scraps of paper and apply to boxes.
Painted Harvest Floral Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of turquoise paper. Cut four 2″ squares of tiny-leaves paper and adhere to border, spaced as shown. Using leftover 2″ scraps from above zig zag borders, apply between squares as shown.
- Using Zig Zag cartridge, punch 2 borders with burnt orange paper. Apply behind border, with edges peeking out.
- Add leaves and flowers embellishments. Top with jewels, if desired.
Daily Docket Feathers Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of feathers paper. Cut a 1-1/2″ x 12″ strip of both green fern paper and yellow paper. Mount green paper near the top of feather paper. Cut yellow paper in 2″ lengths and add every 2″ down length of green paper.
- Using both the Zig Zag and Chevron cartridges, punch a border with royal cardstock, alternating cartridges down the length of the paper. Mount on top of green/yellow strip.
- Punch a yellow zig zag border and add behind border, peeking out from the bottom as shown.
- Add feathers and arrow with a foam strip.
Daily Docket Snowflakes Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ strip of royal cardstock. Cut a 2-1/4″ x 12″ strip of striped paper and mount on top of royal border. Cut a 1-1/4″ x 12″strip of cream dot paper and mount on top of striped strip.
- Using the Zig Zag cartridge, punch two borders with brown patterned paper. Apply to either side of cream dot paper. Using the Snowflake cartridge, punch a border with royal cardstock and mount down the middle, between zig zags.
- Add snowflake and wind stickers using foam squares.
Uncharted Life is an Adventure Border
- Trim out Life is an Adventure strip.
- Using the Zig Zag cartridge, punch a border with each royal and peacock blue cardstock, and punch two borders with burnt orange paper (from Painted Harvest). Adhere orange borders behind Adventure strip with points peeking out. Add royal and peacock blue zig zags beneath lower orange border, overlapping as shown.
- Add hot air balloon embellishments and What a View! sticker with foam squares.
Uncharted Bicycle Border
- Cut a 2-1/2″ x 12″ border with royal cardstock. Cut a 2″ x 12″ border of cream postcard paper.
- Using the Zig Zag cartridge, punch a border with each royal and peacock blue cardstock. Apply zig zags cream border, angling them as shown. Add black/white stripe sticker pieces as well. Trim along edges.
- Mount cream border on top of cardstock. Add bicycle sticker with foam squares.