Grab your Happy Album and scrapbook layout kit – it’s time to create your September reflection page! If you’ve been keeping up each month and documenting your happy life, WAY TO GO! We’re loving how enjoyable it is to set aside a little time each month to print our photos and journal about all the memories and moments we’ve made this year. And this month’s layout idea only inspires us more to stick with this happy habit! (HINT: This time, it includes FOUR fun flip pages!) Keep reading to find new journal prompts, a new layout using Kit #21 (sketch included!) and another giveaway!
This month’s Happy Album reflection layout includes Kit #21 and four flip pages! You’ll love how this simply symmetrical layout documents your best moments from the month. So let’s get in the scrapbooking mood with a cup of tea, the perfect playlist, and of course, your Happy Album and photos!
A journal prompt is a simple statement that inspires you and gives you an idea for what to write about. Whether you fancy yourself a novelist or fall into the category of newbie, jotting things down in your Happy Album is a great way to unwind, keep up with your goals and prepare yourself for the upcoming month.
- What is your best memory from this month?
- What is the funniest moment you’ve had so far this year?
- Where is a place you loved visiting this month?
- What is the song you like best at the moment?
- What is the best meal you ate this month?
- What is one of your goals for September?
- What are you most excited about next month?
- What do you want to improve upon next month?
- Select two designer papers from Kit #21 and adhere them to your Happy Album pages using the Tape Runner.
- Cut the Ivory Cardstock from Kit #21 in half vertically and then in half horizontally to create the flip pages. Using washi tape from Kit #2, adhere each of the cardstock pieces to the bottom left and top right corners of the designer papers, as shown. (Tip: To secure them, use one strip of washi tape on the front and one strip on the back of the cardstock pieces to create a stronger hold as you flip them – like the binding of a book!)
- Trim four photos to measure 4″ x 3″ and adhere them to the remaining spaces on the designer papers. Journal on the flip pages as desired. You can answer the journal prompts and write about your happy moments from September and even add “secret” smaller photos underneath the flip pages for a fun layout surprise!
- Decorate your layout with the cute stickers included in Kit #21.
How easy are those flip pages?! Will you use them in your Happy Album layout this month? Let us know in the comments! And if you’ve already created them, tell us what you did differently (we love your ideas, too!).
- Post a photo of your finished reflection page to Instagram and tag @BeHappyAlbum #HappyAlbum #SeptemberHappyAlbum.
- Or you can go to the Creative Memories Facebook page (or Australia Creative Memories Facebook page), find this blog post and add a photo of your finished reflection page to the comment section.
- You must post the photo of your finished reflection page by Oct. 31 to be entered.
- Happy Album or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album kits or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Kit #21 or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- White Refill Pages (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Starter Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Bundle or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Happy Album Planner Kit (optional) or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
It was so fun creating a September reflection page using new journal prompts and Kit #21 and we hope this inspires you to create your own September layout filled with your accomplishments, memories and all things HAPPY! We’ll be posting a blog at the end of every month with a new reflection page sketch and would love for you to follow along on this journey of gratitude and happiness! If you create your own September reflection page, make sure to share it with us on Instagram @BeHappyAlbum using #HappyAlbum #SeptemberHappyAlbum.