Parks, beaches, gardens, backyards, lakes, streams, nature trails… different aspects of the great outdoors can be canvases for exploration, imagination and play (for both children and adults)! And after all that fresh air fun, you’re going to need a canvas to showcase the sunshine and smiles, which is where this spring scrapbook layout come in! What outdoorsy wonders would you highlight?
To create this layout you will need:
- Spring Cottage Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Spring Cottage Tone-on-Tone Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Spring Cottage Stickers or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Spring Cottage Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Rich Brown Solid Cardstock or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Brown Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Using Rich Brown Solid Cardstock and your 12-inch Trimmer, cut out the inside of the cardstock leaving a 1-1/4″ frame. Use this as the base of the layout, and the inside piece to cut the photo mats.
Step 2: Cut a piece of the blue raindrops paper to measure 11″ x 11″. Adhere to the cardstock base.
Step 3: Cut 15 pieces of a variety of hues and patterns of paper to measure 3″ x 1″. Using the 45-degree line on the 12-inch Trimmer, cut each end. Save pieces that you cut off to fill in the ends. Adhere pieces to the left edge of the blue raindrops paper. Adhere three rows, using the triangles to fill in at the top and bottom as shown.
Step 4: Cut three photo mats from the Rich Brown Solid Cardstock to measure 4″x 6″.
Step 5: Adhere three photos to the mats that measure two 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″ and one 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″. Adhere to the layout.
Step 6: Using the yellow dragonflies paper, cut a strip to measure 12″ x 1/2″. Cut into shorter strips to adhere to the layout as journal boxes.
Step 7: Adhere stickers and embellishments to the layout, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you like most about being outside? And what memories would you plant on this spring scrapbook layout? Let us know your thoughts and ideas in the comments below!