Raise of hands (or paws!) — who loves dogs? Whether you call them a pooch or doggo, pup or pupperino, good boy or good girl, woofers, floofers or boofers, there’s so much to adore about these loyal companions! And if you call them your “fur babies,” science has your back! When humans and dogs look into each other’s eyes, both get a boost of the feel-good hormone oxytocin, which is the same hormone behind the bond between parents and their babies! Unleash your creativity and treat moments with your fur-ever friend with this dog scrapbook layout that features the Puppy Love and Bark & Meow Theme Packs.
To create this layout you will need:
- Bark & Meow Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Puppy Love Theme Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Charcoal, Hot Fudge & White Solid Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Decorative Trimmer or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Circle, Oval & Gemstone Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner Refill or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Precision Point Adhesive Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: To create the puppy:
- With the outside edge of the small heart Custom Cutting System Gemstone Pattern and Red Blade, cut two hearts from complementing papers. (Tip: If using paper with script or a directional picture print, be sure to turn either the paper or the template upside down before cutting.) Position the medium Custom Cutting System Circle Pattern over the top of one heart, around halfway, and cut across using the Red Blade. Trim off any pointy corners with scissors. Adhere this as a “snout” over the top of the other heart with Foam Squares.
- From a contrasting piece of designer paper, cut two “egg”/oval shapes from the middle of the small heart Custom Cutting System Gemstone Pattern with the Red Blade. Trim the edges a little straighter with scissors to resemble more of an ear shape. Adhere to the top of the head. With the inside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and the Red Blade, cut an oval from Hot Fudge Solid Cardstock. Adhere to the base to make the nose with a Foam Square.
- With the inside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and Blue Blade, cut two ovals from White Solid Cardstock as eyes and adhere in place. From Hot Fudge Solid Cardstock, punch two circles with the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set and add as pupils. Punch a crescent moon shape from the Piece by Piece Mini Trip Punch Set and Hot Fudge Solid Cardstock as the mouth. Adhere. With the inside edge of the smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and Blue Blade, cut six ovals from the same paper as the puppy’s snout. Set the ovals and puppy aside for now.
Step 2: Select four different designer papers and from each trim a 1″ x 12″ strip. Cut each strip into 4″ long pieces. Alternate each piece and adhere them along the top of a selected base paper. Use an orange border sticker from the Puppy Love Theme Pack to cover the bottom edges.
Step 3: Using the 12-inch Decorative Trimmer, cut a 2″ x 12″ strip of designer paper and place along the straight bottom edge of the page. Layer the picket fence and grass border stickers from the Puppy Love Theme Pack over the top.
Step 4: Cut a 3-1/2″ x 3″ piece of designer paper and adhere to the lower-left corner of the page as a doghouse. Cut a 3″ x 3″ square from contrasting paper and cut this square diagonally in half. Adhere one triangle as a roof over the top of the house with Foam Squares. With the inside edge of the second-smallest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern and Red Blade, cut one oval from Charcoal Solid Cardstock. Cut two straight sides and bottom edge with scissors to resemble an opening/doorway and adhere it to the doghouse.
Step 5: Using the Goldenrod Solid Cardstock in the Puppy Love Theme Pack, cut two photo mats to measure 6″ x 4″. Trim photos to measure 5-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ and adhere to the goldenrod mats. Add to the layout.
Step 6: Adhere the puppy’s head to the top of one photo. Adhere three of the small previously cut ovals either side of the head to resemble toes with Foam Squares. Punch six crescent moon shapes from Hot Fudge Cardstock using the Piece by Piece Mini Trio Punch Set and glue them as claws.
Step 7: Finish the page by adding decorative stickers as desired.
Will you be making this dog scrapbook layout to pay homage to your pet? What do you like most about the layout? Share your thoughts and ideas with us down below!
5 thoughts on “This Dog Scrapbook Layout Fetches Paw-some Creativity”
I am a “dog person” and I love this paper and page!
So cute! Great job.
I am a dog person — love this paper and page – cute idea to make the dog!