What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop — Digital Edition? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop — Digital Edition and how do you participate? Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on our Digital Virtual Crops so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
RSVP now to our first Virtual Crop — Digital Edition happening this weekend: RSVP “Going” Here.
- Learn how to create digital scrapbook products on the Creative Memories website.
- Enjoy elevated support from our team as we’re available to answer your questions. Digital first-timers, this is a great event for you!
- Get an awesome coupon that starts on Friday!
- Learn about additional artwork in our custom designer that we are adding on Friday!
- HAVE FUN!
- Scrapbook traditionally? You can still join and do the sketches but you will not be eligible for prizes. But, we encourage you to try out something new, too!
During the event, you can work at your pace! However, we have a recommended schedule below to pace yourself and complete all 5 challenges to maximize your chances to win a prize!
- Challenge #1: 9am CT Friday (midnight AET Friday)
- Challenge #2: 11am CT Friday (2am AET Saturday)
- Challenge #3: 1pm CT Friday (4am AET Saturday)
- Challenge #4: 9am CT Saturday (midnight AET Saturday)
- Challenge #5: 11am CT Saturday (2am AET Saturday)
What Is A Virtual Crop — Digital Edition?
A Virtual Crop — Digital Edition is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete Custom Products, which are digitally created scrapbook products such as Custom Album Covers and Custom Refill Pages. At the Digital Virtual Crop, you will learn how to create Custom Album Covers and Custom Refill Pages on the Creative Memories website. If you are a digital scrapbooker who uses another program to design your pages, then that works too! When you complete the challenges and share them with us on the Facebook Event Page, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What will I do?:
- Create the sketch challenge on the Creative Memories website or in your own digital scrapbooking software.
- Take a screenshot of your completed Custom Refill Pages or Custom Album Cover.
- Post that screenshot to the Virtual Crop — Digital Edition Facebook event on the discussion tab. Tag your post with #CMVirtualCrop1, #CMVirtualCrop2, etc., to indicate which challenge you are completing!
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
Watch this three-minute overview to learn how to participate:
What Supplies Should I Prep?
You will want to ensure that you have RSVP’d to the Facebook Event. Then, we recommend that you organize and upload your photos prior to the event so you can get right into the sketch challenges! Find out how to upload photos here.
If you want to get an overview of Custom Product creation and how it works, check out these videos below!
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example above of a sketch and the finished layout. Check out more on how to read a sketch here.
The following gives examples of what each shape on a sketch layout could represent but remember — it’s up to YOU!
- Dark rectangle or square boxes: Photos
- Rectangle or square boxes: Digital papers or mats
- Long rectangles or circles: Digital border elements (i.e., the digital version of die-cut border embellishments, border stickers, BMCs or border punches)
- Other shapes: Digital elements (i.e., the digital version of embellishments or stickers)
- Title: Large writing
- Journal or lines: Places for writing and journaling
- Corresponding shades: Can suggest using the same digital paper or digital mats (i.e., the digital version of designer papers, mats, etc.)
What Are The Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Prizes for the Virtual Crop — Digital Edition will be a COUPON to print your Custom Product for FREE! For example, if the challenge is to create a Custom Album Cover, the prize winner will receive a coupon to print that Custom Album Cover free. We award one prize for each challenge randomly, but we make sure that all the challenge requirements have been met first (i.e., that the sketch was followed and that it uses CM products).
How does your Digital creation become a finished product? Check out how our Custom Products are made in the video below!
How Do I Participate?
- RSVP on the Facebook Event Page prior to the event (the sooner, the better!).
- At start time, log in to the Facebook Event Page. There will be a link for a challenge in the Facebook Event “Discussion” tab.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — to our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog.
- Complete the challenge.
- Take a screenshot (tips above) of your completed challenge and post it on our Facebook Event Page. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry. Continue to refresh the Event Page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
- Post your challenge to the Facebook page by 11:59pm CT on Sunday to be eligible to win a prize! Prizes will be awarded by the following Wednesday.
We look forward to “virtually” seeing everyone at our next Virtual Crop — Digital Edition! If you’ve created a Custom Product with us in the past, what is the BEST advice you’d give to someone who was trying it for the first time? Comment below and let us know!