Let’s keep this creative momentum going! We’re seeing a plethora of incredible projects and want to see even more! Let’s get started on Challenge #9!
Creative Memories Advisors and Home Office Staff from around the world have created layouts for YOU! Every four hours you will receive a new sketch to create. Review all posting times here.
First, a few things to note:
- If it’s your first time participating in a Virtual Crop and you’d like a quick walk-through of what to expect before we get started, you can get the 411 on Virtual Crops here. Read this post in Japanese ⇒ 日本語はこちらです
- You do NOT need to use the WWVC Secret Box products to participate in this crop (although if you purchased it, we hope you do!).
- THIS IS A FREE EVENT. If you see anything asking you to enter credit card information, it is NOT LEGITIMATE.
- Ready to try out DIGITAL scrapbooking?
- US/CA/AU: You can participate using traditional scrapbooking products, Digital Artwork or Custom Themes from the Creative Memories website. For instructions on participating digitally, please see the bottom of this post.
- US/CA: Because we recently launched limited-edition Custom Wall Calendars in North America, there is a WWVC Calendar Challenge option for the United States and Canada with a special offer for BEST PRICING of the year. For details, please see the bottom of this post.
Japanese Translation: このイベント内で、クレジットカード情報を取得しようとするスパムコメントが投稿されています。本イベントは無料ですので、クレジットカード番号を聞かれても決して入力しないでください。
The Prize for All 12 Challenges
The prize for all 12 challenges of the Worldwide Virtual Crop will be the exclusive 12×12 Lilac Starlight Album Cover. Prizes will be awarded to two participants in each challenge. We will award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident that you have used the sketch we provided as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories products. Prize winners will be announced on Thursday, Sept. 17, at 3pm CT.
Worldwide Virtual Crop Challenge #9:
- If you haven’t already done so, join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group! You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event. Therefore, you only need to join once, so if you’ve already joined, you’re all set!
- During the crop, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group and click on the “Discussion” tab to view the pinned post for the most current challenge. The challenge number will be posted on the sketch.
- Click the link for the challenge, which will take you here — our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Photos” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there. To see past challenges you may have missed, click on “Announcements” in the Facebook Group.
- Create a layout following the sketch below.
- Take a photo of your completed project.
- Post the photo of your completed page, spread, border or card to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Group AND add the correct hashtag with your post: #WWVC1, #WWVC2, #WWVC3, etc., to the caption/comments. You will add the hashtag that matches the challenge you are submitting. No words needed, just stick to the hashtag, WWVC and challenge number, as this is a bilingual event! Feel free to use other hashtags as well, such as #WWVC2020 or #CreativeMemories, but BE SURE to include #WWVC1, #WWVC2, etc., so we can find your post. For Instagram users, you will need to add #WWVC2020 AND #WWVC1, #WWVC2, etc., so your post can be found. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create your own post and don’t “comment” on someone else’s to ensure we see your entry.
- You have the entire event to submit all 12 challenges (some will post while you are sleeping) but all submissions must be received by Sept. 13 at 11:59pm CT. View challenge times in your time zone here. Keep refreshing the Virtual Crop Facebook Group to see others’ masterpieces!
TUTORIAL: Check out this technique video using Sketch #9 with CM Advisor Kerryn Westcott.
Kerryn Westcott has been an avid scrapbooker for over 21 years and a Creative Memories Advisor during that time. She loves storytelling, memory keeping and sharing this love with her customers, family and friends.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Cruisin’ Along Theme Pack
- Tidal Waves Border Punch
- Orange Solid Cardstock
- Border Maker System with the Clouds Border Maker Cartridge
- 12-inch Trimmer with the Scallop Blade
- Personal Trimmer
- Micro-Tip Scissors
- Repositionable Tape Runner
TUTORIAL: Learn about trying out scrapbook sketches with CM Advisor Karen Carden.
Karen Carden is married to her husband, Philip, and has two sons, Michael and Jeremy. She was introduced to Creative Memories in 2002 and it became an obsession to create albums for her family to enjoy and to share her passion with her friends. Her boys laugh at her “Album Room,” as they call it, with close to 250 completed albums.
To create this layout, you will need:
- Cheers Theme Pack
- Memoirs & Memories Stickers
- Black Serif ABC/123 Letter Stickers
- Custom Cutting System with the Circle Patterns
- Original Border Maker System with the Infinity Chain Border Maker Cartridge
- 12-inch Trimmer
- Personal Trimmer
- Tape Runner
Here’s another idea on how to use this sketch with the Starlight Paper Pack!
Want to Try Out the Virtual Crop Digitally?
Check out our demo of how to create your sketch using Custom Refill Pages, Custom Albums, Custom Album Covers or Custom Wall Calendars. When you complete the sketch, instead of snapping a photo of your layout, take a screenshot and submit it to the Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- For how to take a screenshot on a Mac, get details here.
- For how to take a screenshot on a PC, get details here.
North America Worldwide Virtual Crop Custom Calendar Challenge
United States and Canada croppers, are you up for a challenge? Join in on the #WWVCCalendarChallenge, where we’ll create a complete 12×18 Custom Wall Calendar during Worldwide Virtual Crop! We’ll have videos of all of the WWVC sketches and you can follow along to complete your calendar with the sketches provided OR create your own designs using our seasonal templates — let’s just get through 12 sketches for 12 months!
The BEST part? We’re rewarding everyone (whether you’re following the sketches or sticking to our seasonal templates) a reward of the BEST pricing of the year on calendars — that’s $10 off for the United States and $12 off for Canada — when you complete your calendar by Sept. 15 at noon CT!
Watch how to create WWVC Sketch #9 on a calendar page in the video below.
For a reminder on how to create Custom Calendars, watch the video below.
Make your calendars completely your own by customizing the dates, templates and designs. You can add your personal digital photos to each page using our seasonal, photo collage or single-photo templates, and when the month is over, simply trim off the calendar and you’re left with a completed 12×12 layout you can put into your album!
Please note: Custom Wall Calendars are available only in the U.S. and Canada.
Thanks for joining us! When posting your projects on social media, use #WWVC1, #WWVC2, etc., #WWVCCalendarChallenge and #CreativeMemories to share your excitement!