What supplies should you bring to a Virtual Crop? How many photos should you print? What prizes can you win? Oh yeah, and what is a Virtual Crop and how do you participate? Don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together the 411 on Virtual Crops so you’ll be prepared for when the festivities begin!
What Is A Virtual Crop?
A Virtual Crop is an online scrapbooking event where we give participants “challenges” to complete, and when you complete them and share them with us on the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group, you will be eligible to win prizes!
What Supplies Should I Prep?
What Are Examples Of “Challenges”?
Challenges are single-page layouts and two-page spreads. We will post a sketch, and then you get to create it! Both traditional and digital layouts are accepted. Any album size is accepted — 12×12, 8×8, Happy Album, etc.
How Do I “Read” A Sketch?
Look for guidelines of where to place photos in a specific overall layout. Refer to the example above of a sketch on the left and the finished layout on the right. Check out more on how to read a sketch here.
The following gives examples of what each shape on a sketch layout could represent but remember — it’s up to YOU!
- Dark rectangle or square boxes: Photos
- Rectangle or square boxes: Papers or mats
- Long rectangles or circles: Die-cut border embellishments, border stickers, BMC or border punch borders
- Other shapes: Embellishments or stickers
- Title: Large writing, large sticker with words or ABC Stickers
- Journal or lines: Place for writing and to journal
- Corresponding shades: Can suggest using the same designer paper, cardstock or mats
What Are Examples Of Prizes and How Are They Awarded?
Prizes are Creative Memories products! We’ve been known to award punches, paper packs, embellishments, cardstock, album covers and more. We award the prizes randomly, but to win, it must be evident that you have used the sketch we provide as inspiration to create a project using predominantly Creative Memories (new or old) products.
How Do I Participate?
Follow the simple instructions below or view step-by-step instructions.
- Join the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group prior to the event (the sooner, the better!). You can find instructions on how to join here. Note: This is a Facebook Group and not a Facebook Event. Therefore, you only need to join once.
- At start time, log in to the Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group.
- Click on the “Featured” tab to view the pinned post for all of the challenges. The challenge number will be posted on each sketch.
- Click the link for the challenges, which will take you here — to our blog. (HINT: If you’ve subscribed to the blog already, the challenges will be emailed to you directly as all other blog posts are and you can skip this step.) The challenge instructions will be posted here on the blog. OR click on “Media” > “Albums” in the Facebook Group to view the sketches there.
- Complete the challenge(s).
- Take a picture of your completed challenge and post it on our Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group. Note: When submitting your challenge, be sure to create a new individual post for each challenge you have completed. Continue to refresh the page to see projects submitted by others.
- Admire everyone’s finished masterpieces, and hopefully you win a prize!
- You have the entire event to submit your projects for all challenges, but submissions must be received by 11:59pm CT on Tuesday (AU: 4:59pm AEDT on Wednesday) to be eligible for prizes!
- We will be using the same Creative Memories Virtual Crop Facebook Group for all upcoming Virtual Crops, so you only have to join once. In between events we will be pausing the commenting and moderating, but will continue to approve members who want to join.
- Make sure you add the hashtag for the challenge number AND month of the Virtual Crop to the caption/comments when you post. For example, if you are submitting Challenge #2 of the August crop, add #CMVirtualCrop2August2022 to your submission comments. BE SURE to include the hashtag so we can find your post when selecting winners.
- To see others’ posts without scrolling (as was required in the past), click on “Media”>”Photos” and the gallery with all submissions will appear.
- To see posts you or your friends have submitted, you can use the “Search” box on the left side of the group to type in the name.
We look forward to “virtually” seeing everyone at our next Virtual Crop! If you’ve attended a Virtual Crop in the past, what is the BEST advice you would give to a first-time participant? Comment below and let us know!