There are so many wonderful moments in life — some planned and some unexpected! And blog contributor Sachiyo Omitsu encountered an unexpected moment that inspired this farmhouse scrapbook layout! What was it, you may ask? Well, take a peek at this blog post to find out what the mane event was!
When we first saw horseshoe marks on the ground while we were walking a trail, we had no idea what they were. A few weeks later, we went back to the same trail and came across a man riding a horse… mystery solved! Our children were so excited because they have never seen horses outside a farm or zoo. Do you ride or own a horse?
To create this layout you will need:
- Homestead Paper Pack or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Laser Cut Borders or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Homestead Laser Cut Embellishments or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Platinum Shimmer, Rich Brown, Charcoal, Navy and Light Gray Cardstocks or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Original Border Maker System with the Barbed Wire Chain Border Maker Cartridge or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Horse Punch or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- 12-inch Trimmer with Straight & Victorian Blades or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Custom Cutting System with Oval Patterns or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- All-Purpose Scissors or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Repositionable Tape Runner or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Foam Squares or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
- Black Dual-Tip Pen or (Shop Canada | Shop Australia)
Step 1: Use a piece of shiplap paper as the base.
Step 2: Using the largest Custom Cutting System Oval Pattern, tear an oval from mini anemones paper. Trim off the oval by 2″. Add the larger piece to the lower-right side of the base.
Step 3: Using the Barbed Wire Chain Border Maker Cartridge, punch a border from Platinum Shimmer Solid Cardstock. Draw lines as shown.
Step 4: Using the 12-inch Trimmer with the Victorian Blade, cut the leaves paper at 1″ width. Change the blade to the Straight Blade and cut the paper at 1-1/4” width. Cut the decorative side to make a fringe using the All-Purpose Scissors. Pinch some parts of the fringe to make it look like grass. Flip the wider “grass” border and add the narrower one on the top. Adhere a laser-cut border and the “grass” border to the base. Add the barbed wire border using Foam Squares.
Step 5: Using the Horse Punch, punch a horse from Rich Brown and Charcoal Solid Cardstocks. Add them to the page.
Step 6: Cut a piece of Navy Solid Cardstock to measure 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ and add it to the back of the “Home sweet home” embellishment. Adhere the house laser-cut embellishment to Light Gray Solid Cardstock and fussy-cut.
Step 7: Adhere the laser-cut borders and embellishments, using Foam Squares on some for added dimension.
What do you like most about Sachiyo’s farmhouse scrapbook layout? What photos would you showcase on it? Holler in the comments below!